Head of Brand Marketing
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
As the Head of Brand Marketing, you’ll craft the ezCater story and make sure our brand is known far and wide. You will ensure our brand positioning framework captures the core of what sets us apart for all of our constituents – from our catering partners to our customers and beyond – and enables our whole company to tell our story effectively and consistently. You will drive the programs that build our brand awareness and increase consideration on both sides of our marketplace. You’ll also ensure that our communications and creative teams drive excellent outcomes for all of the program objectives they support.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all aspects of brand and communications, including MarCom, PR, Social Media, Web Content, Content Marketing, and Brand Advertising.
- Make our brand come alive and reach its full potential as the clear market leader.
- Develop our brand framework with key stakeholders and ensure consistent application of brand guidelines across the company.
- Build recognition of our brand in all of our target audiences, using earned and paid media, content marketing, and social engagement.
- Drive our creative strategy to align with our brand framework and ensure we deliver the right message to the right person at the right time at each point in the customer/partner lifecycle, across all of our programs and touchpoints.
- Have 10+ years of brand marketing experience. You’ve built global brands before and know what it takes to elevate a brand to greatness.
- Be a strong team leader. You have gathered amazing people to your cause and helped them reach their full potential. You’ve also managed a complex mix of internal and agency resources to get stuff done on time and on budget.
- Be customer obsessed, a data geek, and a great storyteller. You have the empathy to understand the customer, the ability to find and understand what the data is telling you, and the creativity to take that and tell stories that make an impact.
- Love language and know how to use it to express both the practical and the emotional. Be able to go beyond personal style preferences to do what resonates best with the audience.
- Know how to “just figure things out” and invent whatever idea or approach could accomplish our objectives.
- Be kind, adaptable, and intellectually curious.
What you’ll get from us:
Above all, you’ll get a tremendous opportunity to make an impact and grow yourself, all while keeping sane working hours and a having huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
And, of course: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
Please include your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for ezCater, and why we’re a great fit for you.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.