Field and Executive Marketing Manager
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the role
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Account Based Marketing center of excellence within our demand gen team at Drift. Your role will be focused on helping us run and scale events such as tradeshows, smaller roadshows and our own intimate events for our future customers. In addition to these events you’ll also lead the charge on running campaigns focused on CMOs and VPs of Marketing, typically found within the enterprise segments of our business.
We are a fast moving team with lofty goals so we need someone who is willing to come in, own and orchestrate and level up our field and executive marketing efforts..
You will also be responsible for continuously A/B testing, adjusting, and reporting back on the success of the campaigns. To be successful in this role, you have to be exceptionally detail-oriented and an excellent written and verbal communicator.
What you’ll be doing on the team
In one month you’ll…
- Have identified all relevant events where our ideal customer profiles (ICP) and personas are throughout the year.
- Have identified our event plan for the next 6 months.
- Have started working on content pieces that will appeal to an executive audience.
By month 3 you’ll…
- Have enabled the sales teams with 3 pieces of content they can use to attract the attention of VP and CMO titles within our ICP accounts.
- Have executed at least two events, one of which is focused on the top of funnel and the other of which is focused on middle of the funnel.
By month 6 you’ll…
- Have a clear and established ROI reporting of all events.
- Have 4 offers that are working to an executive audience and have worked with the SEM manager to launch these campaigns via different content channels.
- Have a roadmap for the next 6 months of content offers for an executive audience.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying key events we should be sponsoring, speaking at or running ancillary events around.
- Manage the event budget and ensure that we stay within budget and that all expenses are managed carefully.
- Coordinate event plans with all members of the marketing and applicable sales team to ensure we have an event plan that is comprehensive in order to ensure ROI on these investments.
- Execute on account-based marketing initiatives across email, event and digital channels (LinkedIn, Terminus) to achieve Enterprise business goals.
- Prepare copy and creative, and guide creative team on development of campaign assets
- Work with the sales teams to enable them with marketing content and programs
- Create test designs and versions for continual improvement of campaigns
- Establish, track, and improve response rates, conversion rates, pipeline, and ROI with each ABM campaign.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or Communications
- At least 3 years of experience in a marketing role (working in ABM a plus)
- You’re obsessed with marketing and can point to examples of programs you’ve run
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills
- You are extremely detail oriented
- You're well versed in and have experience with marketing automation
- You’re interested in learning about all aspects of digital marketing
- You love checklists and creating process.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]