Enterprise & Campaign Management Director at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Enterprise and Campaign Management Director provides leadership within the DiPLA organization in developing best in class marketing operation strategies and processes. Oversee all aspects of Operations including but not limited to Campaign execution, data integration and Email Operation and development. Defines and leads the development of a comprehensive marketing systems road map as well as monitors industry changes to stay abreast of new marketing technology and innovation. Works closely with the banners from a strategic perspective to understand their vision of customer experiences which serves as a guide to inform which technology solutions will help bring these experiences to life
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Leverages and creates best in class marketing operations processes and standard practices to ensure efficiency in campaign execution and a seamless customer experience.
- Responsible for supporting each brand in all aspects of marketing operations specifically front-end marketing systems management (i.e. campaign administration, digital communication development, systems integration and quality control, etc.).
- Partners with the brands to create strategies to leverage future data sources and expand digital capabilities such as web, social, and customer call center to successfully execute brand communication plans.
- Continue to evaluate in improve current technologies to better support customer communications.
- Implement new marketing tools that align strategically with brand planning and strategy to ensure accurate and timely execution.
- Spearheads auditing procedures to ensure data integrity through regular and ongoing maintenance and data hygiene in partnership with Data Governance team.
- Partners with IT in the procurement of marketing technology and management of data integrity and continuity across systems in partnership with Data Governance team.
- Manages the contract and relationship of customer loyalty and marketing vendor partners and identifies vendor service opportunities.
- Cultivates a team of marketing technologist to develop and execute brand communication strategies in Salesforce or SAS Marketing Automation
- Lead automation and personalization efforts to improve efficiency and responsiveness
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Business Intelligence or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in database marketing, marketing operations and technology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience overseeing Digital Marketing execution with Salesforce Marketing or similar product
- Deep knowledge and understanding of database marketing and marketing platform infrastructure as well
- Successful track record of leading a team of marketing technologist and 3rd party vendors in loyalty, digital and/or CRM.
- Excellent financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Cross-functional leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional teams.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of database marketing and marketing platform infrastructure.
- Successful track record leading similar teams
- Salesforce marketing Cloud or similar
- SAS Marketing Automation or Similar
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to identify marketing systems opportunities and efficiencies in marketing operations and development
- Strategy focused operations leader who partners with brand leaders to execute customer communication plans
- Clearly communicate a path to resolution and lead team through successful execution of the brands marketing plans.
- Ability to lead direct reports through coaching and developmental feedback; ensures development plans are in place.
- Ability to lead teams through the development of strong working relationships and alliances within the company. Specifically lead a cross-functional team that supports Loyalty, Digital and IT teams.
- Ability to lead agency teams to ensure strategic initiatives are met and KPI’s are delivered.
- Proven ability in the design and develop of innovative solutions through marketing systems.
- Proven ability to interpret and enhance highly integrated marketing technology ecosystems, quickly assess change impact and mitigate any adverse issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a personal acceptance of change and the ability to adapt and drive change throughout the organization.
- High degree of credibility and the ability to work with and through all levels of management.
- Self-motivated and persuasive in presenting and selling ideas and executing their implementation.
- Requires travel – typically 20 - 30%
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.