Email Deliverability and Compliance Specialist
Greater Boston Area
Klaviyo sends over a billion emails a month across thousands of customers. Our Deliverability team is responsible for ensuring that these emails are successfully delivered into our customers’ inboxes. This work involves remediating blacklists, identifying spam traps, working with ISPs to optimize sending rates and working with clients to make sure they send email using best practices. The Deliverability team is currently looking for an experienced professional in email deliverability and compliance.
If you have the following skills, please consider joining our team:
- Thorough understanding of the terminology used in mass email.
- Thorough understanding of ISP procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.).Solid technical foundation on DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- Thorough understanding of reputation management tools such as ReturnPath and MxToolbox.
- Understanding of blacklist/spam trap causes and remediation.
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and other international email regulations.
In this role, you will often perform the following activities:
- Maintain strong relationships with our Customers, ISPs, Product Teams, Support and Success teams.
- Research and keep informed on Deliverability as a Subject Matter Expert for Klaviyo
- Attend and participate in industry events around Deliverability such as MAAWG, EEC and more
- Investigate, diagnose and remediate email deliverability issues by working with customers, internal teams and with tier-one support at ISPs, email blacklists and anti-spam technology providers.
- Build and maintain relationships with ISP postmastersProactively manage IP reputation and deliverability for all of our clients and enforce compliance and best practice sending behaviors.
- Manage internal reputation management tools and the distribution of Klaviyo IP addresses
- Provide expert advice and respond to sending concerns out of scope for deliverability (but may be indirectly related)
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to build out best in class email deliverability tools for customers and employees
- Create client deliverability reports and present to client findings and recommendations
- Respond to deliverability related support tickets or customer concerns, delivering best practice to Support team for customer issues, being the expert escalation on specific customer issues
- Own new client onboarding, domain customization, and off-boarding with regards to deliverability issues
- Support Klaviyo sales with deliverability best practice advice and solutions for potential new clients
- Support Klaviyo’s Marketing activities; creating regular content for Marketing from a Deliverability and Compliance basis
- Execute Webinar(s), Create Video(s), How-To’s and Best Practice articles
What will make you successful
- You like solving puzzles - enjoy analytical problem solving, conducting in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into member email sending practices to ensure adherence to program standards
- You know this market - have knowledge and expertise to translate the data into solutions that will enable companies to execute on their email marketing strategies and aspirations
- You understand the technology - have a strong knowledge of network protocols and DNS and the technical aspects of email systems and authentication – SPF, DKIM, DMARC.
- You are fluent in Data – Ability to interpret and troubleshoot email headers and SMTP logs as well as bounce messages and non-delivery reports
- You love working with customers - an ability to communicate clearly and professionally with technical and non-technical members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You love to build things - have a desire to build services around your expertise and translate this knowledge to others
- You are a team player - ability to work on a team, as well as independently, in fast-paced environment and help others succeed
Qualifications and prerequisites
- 3 years experience of email delivery, ISP or ESP relations or similar experience with large scale email campaigns
- Technically relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Flexibility to work unusual hours when needed
- Must have right to live and work in the US
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally
Read Full Job Description