Director, Product Marketing at Threat Stack
Threat Stack enables businesses of all sizes to securely leverage the benefits of cloud computing by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks, and data loss in real time. Purpose built for today’s infrastructure, Threat Stack’s comprehensive intrusion detection platform combines continuous security monitoring and risk assessment to help companies gain an unparalleled level of visibility at the speed and scale of today’s business. Located right in the heart of Downtown Crossing, Boston, this position presents an unbelievable opportunity to touch and learn all aspects of marketing.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Product Marketing who will be responsible for product messaging, sales enablement and training, as well as industry and market positioning. Execution of the role will require deep technical aptitude and the ability to translate product messaging into Go-to-Market Enablement, Training and Campaigns.
- Product Marketing: Drive holistic GTM for all product launches, including development of customer personas and channel strategy
- New Vertical Identification/Development: Research, architect and launch new vertical channel strategies as needed
- Drive the engagement with the Product Management leaders to establish a continuous feedback loop (encompassing market trends, customer needs, and competitive factors) to influence the product roadmap, feature gaps and customer requests.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop a thorough understanding of the market and define market positioning, target buyer and value proposition within the market segment
- Develop the strategy and execution plan to communicate our unique and differentiated value proposition of the products and services and develop the tools that support the selling process.
- Conduct competitive analysis and ongoing market tracking activities in order to develop appropriate messaging and sales-enablement tools.
- Collaborate with research, product, sales, analysts and users to understand cloud security challenges, develop and manage vertical-specific messaging
- Partner with the Comms and Social teams tell a story to the press, analysts, customers and prospects that demonstrates our unique value and educate sales team on how best to position features and benefits
- Provide leadership in the content strategy and then help drive development of collateral including white papers, presentations, infographics and videos
- Work with the Sales Enablement team to create and deliver sales enablement material to the sales teams and partners
- 10+ years product marketing experience, and proven track record of relevant Product, Solutions or Portfolio marketing and general management encompassing strategy, product marketing, customer advocacy, and market research/analysis.
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing or some other established product marketing framework associated with marketing a complex mix of products and services.
- Hands on leader that doesn’t delegate or preside instead, s/he motivates, inspires and supports the team with a winning attitude and coaching
- Experience marketing within technology, SaaS or Cloud based is a must.
- Preferred Experience in Cybersecurity or marketing products to security and developer audiences
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels and departments
- Superior communications skills, particularly with writing and visual story-telling (e.g., PPT).
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external.
- BA/BS required