Director of Product Marketing at Appcues
At Appcues, we're creating a platform to transform how the world builds and experiences software in the digital age. Companies like Spotify, Slack, and Zoom have shown us that product-led companies are the future, and Appcues will be the platform they (and companies following their lead) use to create user experiences that grow their business.
Appcues’ acclaimed marketing team is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to hone our positioning and value proposition, then work collaboratively across the company to align the entire team around it. In 2020, your impact will be made clear through the delivery of outstanding product launches, refined messaging, sales enablement and training, and the optimization of product packaging and pricing.
As Appcues’ first Director of Product Marketing, you’ll have the unique opportunity to establish and grow a new function from the ground up, and play a critical role in the launch of our first mobile app solution. You should be hands-on and innovative, preferably with high growth B2B SaaS experience. We are well-positioned to tackle a massive problem experienced by companies large and small, so you should be excited to forge connections with customers at SMBs all the way up through the Fortune 50.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding our customers, product, and market more deeply than anybody in the organization, then making sure that last part is only true for as long as it takes you to share what you’ve learned.
- Working with leadership and the product team to refine messaging, pricing, and packaging of future Appcues use cases as our offering evolves from a single product line into a multi-product platform.
- Ensuring every salesperson is prepared to pitch the value of Appcues, sell effectively against the competition, and handle objections with ease - all in the name of maximizing close rates and ASP.
- Delivering epic product launches that hit adoption/revenue goals and inspire other product marketing teams around the world.
- Building and continuously developing relationships across the organization. Appcues’ Director of Product Marketing will have the ability to lead, inspire, and influence cross-functionally.
- Planning the future of product marketing at Appcues. We believe that great product marketing will be a critical advantage as we head into our next stage of growth. While you’ll initially be the only product marketer at Appcues, you’ll be expected to hire and grow a team as the company hits new milestones.
You might be a great fit if:
- You have 7+ years in high growth B2B SaaS with deep expertise in product marketing and a track record of helping businesses stand out in crowded markets.
- You’re passionate about product-led growth and helping software companies of all sizes become more product-led.
- You love understanding and connecting with people. You’re genuinely excited about immersing yourself in the world of our prospects and customers, and you understand that the quality of your internal relationships will determine your ability to lead and influence.
- You’re curious. You make decisions based on research and data, and you ask great questions.
- Leadership is a passion for you. You take pride in the ongoing coaching and development of your teammates and consistently look for ways to make everyone better at what they do.
- You’re results-oriented and know how evaluate, prioritize, double down on, and cut product marketing activities to improve the results of our effort.