Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group even diverser and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 75,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
We want someone who will help us shape the future of our product, market, and business as a Director of Product Marketing, leading the SMS team. This critical role will serve as the marketing ‘GM’ (general manager) for our just-launched SMS business, which is already growing rapidly and has massive growth ahead to unlock.
If you want the opportunity to shape the business that helps entrepreneurs and marketers all over the world grow and fulfil their dreams, this job is for you.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Be a senior advisor to marketing leadership, helping shape and evolve the product marketing function at Klaviyo.
- Manage, mentor, and lead 2 high-performing product marketers, as well as a large matrixed team from other cross-functional areas.
- Craft a vision for how we get to market leadership in SMS next year, including developing and socializing the multi-year integrated marketing strategy for SMS and overseeing the execution of that strategy.
- Own the marketing revenue target for SMS as well as sub-metrics throughout the funnel, collaborating with other marketing leaders to achieve our aggressive goals.
- Prioritize the highest-leverage initiatives among many high-potential activities, to focus the team’s time and attention on the projects that will have the most outsized impact.
- Partner with product leadership to shape the roadmap for SMS, and sales leadership to land our positioning in the market.
- Serve as the marketing representative for the SMS business in a cross-functional task force of leaders from across the company, shaping the business plan for SMS as well as managing the day-to-day marketing operations.
Who You Are
- An experienced product marketer who has successfully launched an additional product line or entered a new market, and then has grown that business from 0 to 1.
- A strategic and adaptable people leader who can:
- Recruit and coach high performers, and create opportunities for them to grow and thrive
- Prioritize effectively among many high-impact opportunities, and ensure the team stays focused on those priorities despite many competing requests
- Drive results and make decisions in dynamic environments with lots of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Influence without authority and work closely with executive teams and boards of directors
- A multi-faceted marketer who has strong familiarity with other marketing functions (acquisition marketing, brand marketing, growth marketing, etc.) as well as a successful track record of building strong collaborations with teams outside marketing (sales, product, etc.). Experience being part of international expansion is also a plus.
- A visionary, who can see how pieces can fit together to yield something more powerful — and then create the path to make it happen.
- Scrappy and curious, always questioning the standard way of doing things and finding ways to do it better.
- Deeply empathetic, always starting with our customer and working backwards.
- A driven achiever who is exceptionally goal-oriented, steady, and uncompromising on quality; who can juggle several ongoing projects with multiple stakeholders while staying organized and calm.
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the Director of Product Marketing
- You’ll work cross-functionally with senior leaders and teammates across every team in the company
- You’ll become a trusted spokesperson in the Klaviyo and ecommerce community
- You’ll be the source of truth on our SMS product and why it matters to our customers, and will teach all Klaviyos about the SMS space
- You’ll help shape and communicate our multi-year product and marketing strategy
- You’ll solidify your expertise in strategic product marketing for a successful hypergrowth startup
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.