Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
We are currently seeking an experienced director of product marketing to build out the function from the ground up — to champion the voice of the customer, own strategic messaging, build effective go-to-market enablement content, and drive adoption of our SaaS-buying platform. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work as an individual contributor but has the experience and aptitude to drive product marketing strategy and build a high-performing product marketing organization.
What you'll do:
- Define and manage go-to-market (GTM) strategy for our entire SaaS buying platform, including messaging, positioning, launch planning, GTM teams enablement content (sales, customer success, buyers), and customer adoption.
- Build messaging and positioning tracks for core products, services, and features that align with Vendr’s brand vision, product value propositions, and market differentiation.
- Develop insights based on product usage data, voice of customer, buyer personas, campaign effectiveness, competitors, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results.
- Act as a liaison for our Product team while serving as an advocate for our target buyer and continuously surfacing insights from our clients, sales team, and deep market research.
- Drive customer lifecycle journey mapping and best practices to influence engagement, retention, and upsell opportunities.
- Manage Customer Advisory Board and customer loyalty programs and projects (logo usage, testimonials, customer stories).
- Refine Vendr pricing and packaging based on a deep understanding of our customers, market trends, and our product/service in partnership with Product, Sales, CS, RevOps and leadership.
- Build a product marketing team that is the envy of our industry. Train your team to ensure excellence in process, tools, and tactics. Implement and manage effective product marketing routines and communications.
What we need:
- 8+ years experience in a product marketing role, with a strong preference for prior experience in the SaaS industry.
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise messaging for different audiences.
- High comfort level communicating with various stakeholders across marketing, sales, customer success, and product.
- Seasoned skills in inbound and outbound marketing as a revenue-centric marketer.
- Initiative to actively look for strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. You understand a start-up mindset and can operate with speed while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to source additional resources on a contract basis for specialties.
- A deep understanding of customer and product reporting and tools including HubSpot
- Deadline-driven mindset with ability to manage multiple projects on your own.
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description