Director of Media
While TripAdvisor is the largest global travel web site – we are a brand that we say is “well known but not known well.” That is, while everyone knows our name they do not always know all the things we offer. In addition to reading reviews and opinions, travelers can use TripAdvisor to search hotel prices, find and book things to do, get flight prices and find their favorite restaurants.
This November, TripAdvisor launched an exciting new experience that will transform travel again by allowing consumers to effortlessly discover, save and share great recommendations when planning a trip. Beyond enjoying more than 702 million reviews and opinions, travelers can now get useful and relevant advice from the people and experts they trust. Travelers now have access to helpful and inspirational videos, photos, articles and guides from friends and family, as well as from over a thousand brands, publishers, and influencers including National Geographic, Condé Nast Traveler, and Travel Channel. A new feature called “Trips” enables travelers to collaborate with others by saving, organizing, sharing and creating lists or in-depth guides highlighting their favorite hotels, restaurants, experiences in a particular destination.
Read full press release: http://ir.tripadvisor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/travel-planning-transformed-all-new-tripadvisor-now-available
As we look to communicate our full value proposition and this new experience, we are looking for a leader to help us develop and execute a more modern media plan. To date, we have led with performance-oriented media to deliver strong return on advertising spend goals. As we look forward, we’d like to build on this foundation with more integrated media channels, like digital media – to help us reach new, younger consumers and drive perception change and brand usage. The ideal candidate would have experience with:
- Direct response media [TV] and working with performance-oriented agencies for predominantly online companies
- Digital/new media channels [e.g., FB, YouTube, Subscription [Netflix, Hulu], Connected TV]; Experience with other broader media channels like OOH, radio would be a plus but not required
- Media in global markets
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Define overall media strategy, including budgeting and definition of metrics and goalsLead and develop a team of 2 media managers and 6-8 agencies to create and manage TV and integrated media plans for at least 6 global markets [e.g., US, UK, Fr, Sp]
- Identify the right digital platforms to test and scale as part of more integrated media plan
- Working with our TV measurement team, analyze, understand and optimize campaign performance across channels to ensure delivery on ROAS and brand perception goalsProvide timely communications on media strategy and results with our marketing and executive leadership teams.
- Help refine our data-centric approach to media buying and optimization.
- Have finger on the pulse – be authority on next generation media platforms and opportunities
- 7-10 years of experience with TV media, both working with cable and broadcast networks and with performance-oriented media agencies.
- Deep experience with direct response TV media (DRTV, scatter/remnant and fixed)
- 5+ years of experience working with digital media properties
- Solid quantitative skills, preferably including analytic work experience and/or a bachelors or masters degree in a quantitative area.
- Ability to combine creative and analytical mindsets to build effective media campaign. Be able to translate data – performance, competitive, consumer and industry – into action.
- Strong lean-in and roll-up your sleeves orientation
- Knowledgeable and well-versed in current industry trends
- Detail-oriented, efficient project management skills
- Experience managing small teams, with at least 3-5direct reports
- Strong and clear communicator – brings a strong POV that can be shared up, down, and across organization
- Comfortable in a collaborative, performance-oriented work environment
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
This is one of the key strategic roles in the CoreEx Brand Marketing group at TripAdvisor. We are looking for a media leader that can help us refine and elevate our media strategy and execution to achieve ambitious business and brand goals for the next few years. This leader will have the ability to work with a talented team of media managers, data science/analytic, and creative marketing partners and build on the current successful performance media track record with new formats and channels for more integrated and effective communications.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.