Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app. At Flock we believe that synchronous messaging tools, supported with internal and external applications, have the power to smash organizational hierarchies, breakdown silos in the workplace, help companies better capture innovative ideas, support individuals in making faster decisions, and also bring more personable communication style into the workplace.
With 30,000 businesses already using the platform we know that we are onto something big, and are now gearing up for a period of rapid growth.
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Serial entrepreneur and billionaire, Bhavin Turakhia is driven by a passion for problem-solving and maximizing efficiency through technology driven innovations. In the last 22 years, he has built 5 successful businesses, all driven by his belief that “it is our moral obligation to make an impact that is proportionate to our potential”. At 17, he co-founded Reseller club, Logic boxes and Big Rock, which he exited in a $160mn transaction in 2014. He is presently heading Flock - a suite of productivity apps, Zeta - a digital payments platform, and Radix - a leading registry for top-level extensions.
Flock is looking for a Director of Marketing to drive growth for our newly launched mail product, Flock Mail. As Director of Marketing you'll be uniquely positioned to drive growth for Mail to our first set of business users. We need a true problem solver for this role and someone who enjoys taking products from zero to one. This role will report to the VP of Global Marketing. You will lead and hire a small team of marketers while building out the direct to business/self-serve motion for Mail. This individual should have experience launching products, building high performing teams, and working in a high-volume/transactional sales model. This is an entrepreneurial leadership role, with an opportunity to develop and expand the team. You will have a ton of visibility across the org. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are responsible for owning a number and meeting ambitious growth targets that fuel our success, this is the position for you!
- Define and drive our TOFU demand generation strategy to exponentially scale relevant traffic and signups for Flock Mail.
- Start to build out a strong sub-brand with our internal brand teams for Flock Mail
- Drive Flock Mail’s content strategy at the top of funnel leading to creation of a comprehensive range of content types, including blog posts, downloadable guides, differentiated use cases, videos, case studies, white papers, content for email campaigns, product launch content, customer stories, webinars and more.
- Work with our internal performance marketing teams to drive signups for Flock Mail via various PPC channels
- Lead the Flock Mail team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on marketing initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & user growth.
- Work closely with multifunctional teams such as sales, product, engineering and operations teams to drive the overall product growth vision
- Support the BD function within Flock Mail to sign-up new registrar and hosting companies as resellers of the product
You will succeed in this role if you are:
- A good storyteller
- A hustler
- Naturally curious
- 7+ years of experience in leading & managing marketing teams at high growth organizations (preferably in the B2B SaaS space or B2C).
- Have worked closely with product teams
- Have spent time in two or more different functional areas within marketing (product marketing, content, performance, brand, etc)
- Track record of user growth through organic acquisition channels including, SEO, email marketing, social media, and more
- Experience in defining and optimizing drip campaigns and customer touch points.
- Demonstrated ability to have recruited, mentored and grown a world-class marketing team.
- Experience in marketing beyond North America will be an added bonus.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills, excellent business acumen, and a penchant for marketing internet products.
Recommended - Detailed Intro to Flock
Flock Intro videoFlock vs Slack video
About Flock’s Platform
Our Youtube Channel
Client Case Studies
How Ituran improved communication with Flock
How Dietitians on demand increased efficiency with Flock
How Hiyo created a virtual office for remote teams with Flock
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer relocation benefits. Our work spaces are welcoming and fun. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!