Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We’re a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing to lead the development, implementation, and optimization of big-picture marketing initiatives to support Soofa’s hypergrowth. This is a senior role reporting to the VP of Sales and requires a strong track record of measurable growth.
Local candidates from Boston, MA and Charlotte, NC or remote candidates welcome. Candidates from historically underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Oversee and execute across all marketing functions, including but not limited to lead generation, product marketing, content, creative, UX, and brand.
- Manage a team of marketing managers and specialists, each responsible for their own respective marketing function.
- Own and maintain Marketing budget and targets, regularly reporting performance results to senior leadership
- Utilize your strategy, business, and marketing knowhow to advance both top-of-funnel and downstream marketing initiatives to increase demand for Soofa with MQLs and SQLs
- Build and manage paid and organic lead generation campaigns with advertising partners
- Work as a cross-functional liaison between internal Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams and external stakeholders to advise on product improvements
- Shape brand messaging and content, supporting Soofa’s introduction to new audiences
- Oversee the creation of marketing and sales enablement materials to help our customers and our Sales team
- 5-7+ years’ marketing/analytics/revenue growth experience, especially at a startup or high-growth organization
- 4+ years’ business analytics, operations, and process management experience
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team
- Excellent writing skills and hands-on, proactive approach to producing content ideas, emails, ads, one-pagers and case studies
- Marketing tech expert (Adwords, Hubspot, and more)
- Data-driven: Your resume, and your life, are chock-full of metrics
- Customer-driven: Customers are the first thing you think of when you wake up
- Relationship builder: Both colleagues and clients are excited to hear from you
- Love of working cross-departmentally with many stakeholders
- Exceptional planning abilities and attention to detail and process
- Crystal-clear communicator
- A “launch, then iterate” approach to life; you love to try new things
Bonus Points For
- Experience in OOH/DOOH
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.