As the Director of Marketing Analytics, you will partner with marketing leadership to ensure we are delivering the most high value insights to the teams and customers who need them. Reporting to the VP of Marketing Strategy and Operations, you will set budget and staffing to support our vision, and partner with executive leadership to set investment profile for data infrastructure, insight delivery, and operational or productized data.
How You'll Make a Difference...
- Own the overall data strategy for the marketing organization. Partner with the central data engineering and analytics teams to design and implement data pipelines, schemas, business intelligence, and experimentation tooling to enable world-class growth analytics.
- Lead Martech working with the central data team to influence our overall data ingestion and analytics strategy.
- Partner with fellow Marketing team members to identify the biggest areas of opportunity from a growth perspective while building out the vital capabilities to properly measure the incremental impact of all tactics and strategies.
- Develop an analytics strategy and roadmap that anticipates future growth analytics needs and scales with Klaviyo’s business.
- Lead, and mentor a team of highly motivated and hardworking growth analysts and growth scientists to accelerate our business decision making.
- Be a crucial cross-functional leader connecting the dots between Marketing, MarTech, central data, finance, and product engineering to champion growth data projects.
- Lead and run a meticulous testing function across marketing to ensure experiments are designed properly, executed correctly, and measured accurately.
- Own and build out the data capabilities to run exploratory and post-launch analysis to identify growth opportunities and help accelerate and direct test iteration.
- Apply our predictive modeling capabilities and evaluate impact on targeting, personalization, messaging, and offer optimization, and influence further development of ML for growth.
Who You Are...
- Minimum 8+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- 2+ years of experience leading a small analytics team
- Thrives working with large volumes of data spanning multiple business lines and ingested into lakes, modeled in warehouses, and presented in business intelligence platforms like Looker.
- Deeply understand the methodologies for experimental precision, but also can defer to practical (or even hacky) decision making frameworks for speed.
- SQL master, highly skilled in data analysis and visualization. Must be interested in up-leveling the state of our reporting infrastructure for day to day decision making.
- Strong communicator and writer, and comfortable with setting and managing your own priorities.
- Excellent quantitative skills and are very comfortable with data, statistical modeling, and analysis.
- Passionate cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions. You love to discover and tell the story behind the data.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.