Director, Enterprise Marketing at edX
edX, the trusted platform for education and learning, seeks a Director, Enterprise Marketing to help propel edX’s growth to the next level. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and play an integral part in enabling the growth of enterprise sales and strategic partnerships. You will have an opportunity to shape the future of education in a fast moving start-up environment where results count.
We are looking for a growth-motivated strategic marketing leader who thrives on enabling the deal. The ideal candidate has a strong B2B marketing background, as well as the ability to leverage strategic partnerships to drive B2C growth. If you are motivated to drive results, solve complex problems, and collaborate with leaders across sales, product, and business development, this may be the role for you.
- Develop and implement the B2B marketing strategy to build awareness and demand for edX for Business
- Collaborate with the business development team to maximize the impact of strategic partnerships, including informing deal structure, identifying new partner opportunities, and ensuring successful launch and management of marketing partnerships
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales stakeholders to implement and optimize integrated marketing initiatives and programs that create demand
- Define program KPIs and develop best practices for improving impact and efficiency
- Work in partnership with communications and content marketing teams to develop and implement programs to generate demand for edX
- Partner with the digital marketing, SEO, and website teams to successfully direct & deliver lead generation to fill sales pipeline
- Lead development of strategies, tools, and programs to enable sales and key account engagement
- Participate in partner, client, and sales meetings, including leading the development of relevant marketing programs and sales material
- Develop strategies and tools to effectively market to key verticals and geographies
- Oversee market and competitive analysis and research to inform planning activities
- Establish and nurture cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders and partners
- Lead and develop a high-impact, highly collaborative, customer-aligned marketing team of 5
- Oversee all aspects of the enterprise marketing budget
Skills + Experience
- 10+ years B2B marketing or business development experience
- Strong track record driving growth via B2B and strategic partnerships
- Experience building partnerships and partner networks, as well as the development of complex partnership agreements
- Comfortable w/ and motivated by annual revenue targets
- Excellence building cross-functional relationships and alignment, particularly with sales and product organizations
- Passion for results, measurement, and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills. Highly analytical.
- Desire to understand educational trends globally and have a passion for the opportunity that is evolving in this space
- Embraces edX culture, leadership style and competencies.
- Ability to travel as necessary (internationally if required)
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.