Director, Digital Marketing
Director of Digital Marketing
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for the global planning, development, and execution of an omnichannel buyer-centric digital strategy to support Sales, brand awareness and full customer lifecycle growth. This individual will be a hands-on digital native with a strong acumen for analytics and key business metrics and a proven track record of successfully managing and implementing best in class digital marketing solutions. This Digital Marketing leader will own the digital metrics (e.g. site traffic, visitor paths, conversion rates) and will partner cross-functionally on business strategy and the digital roadmap, including digital delivery & analytics, conversion optimization, and content production that leads our customer's digital journey experience.
- Drive an aspirational customer experience through the execution of a cohesive story, orchestrated across our digital channels, leveraging Skillsoft's brand and marketing campaigns.
- Develop, manage, and iterate on the customer acquisition strategy (B2B) leveraging our web properties and digital channels. Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and other mediums.
- Establish a data-driven culture to continually analyze ROI and refine strategies to increase conversions, customer engagements and optimize impact (attraction, engagement, qualification, acceleration) and spend.
- Own testing, analytics, and insights, demonstrate how analysis informs spend and prioritization, deploy corrective remedies, and present findings and action plans regularly to senior stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to align the digital strategy with target audience and client needs, brand positioning and revenue goals.
- Develop strategy and oversee execution of paid SEM/SEO efforts aimed at driving qualified leads.
- Drive strategy, management, prioritization and execution of KPI and UX-centric initiatives that move our business forward, including online channel expansion and website improvement.
- Audit, monitor and improve business performance of Skillsoft's web properties. Demonstrate how the actively managed websites are contributing to funnel goals, with a focus on Conversion Rate Optimization and website effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of building and developing high-performing teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; 10+ years of experience in global B2B technology marketing, executing digital marketing strategies that increase brand awareness and drive pipeline growth
- 5+ years building and managing high performing, digital teams
- Deep understanding of the technical aspects of managing a website, including analytics, UX, technical and content SEO, domain management, platform tools and budgeting
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, lead management and nurture, Salesforce, marketing automation (like Marketo) and/or other martech solutions.
- A solid grasp of marketing and B2B customer journeys, personas, company brand, messaging, and positioning.
- Strong understanding of UX, web design, analytics testing, information architecture, metadata, taxonomy, and their inter-relationships within the website channel.
- Prior success building and executing heatmap, A/B, and MVT testing framework.
- Continually find new ways to improve digital channels productivity, stakeholder engagement efficiency, business process improvement, and user experience ROI.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.