Director of Demand Generation and Operations
As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
As the Director of Demand Generation, you will be responsible for owning our paid media acquisition as well as our marketing operations programs. You will drive leads by running campaigns into all paid acquisition channels like SEM, Paid Social, and through outreach to our existing database through marketing automation. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of experimenting and driving leads through paid media for SaaS companies. This position requires extensive collaboration with content marketing and sales.
You are a perfect fit if you are at the forefront of paid media developments, can balance both leading a team and getting your hands dirty, and can set the strategic agenda across all levels of the organization (from C-suite to the Marketing team). You are passionate about growth and measuring every metric you possibly can. You love having a tangible and measurable impact on growing a business to the next level.
- Own strategy and spend for all paid marketing acquisition programs, including SEM, Review Sites, Paid Social, display & retargeting, and content syndication to drive MQLs.
- Build growth roadmaps that identify and test against net-new channels to expand our acquisition strategy.
- Continually experiment against existing channels to optimize performance for LTV to CAC.
- Lead, mentor and develop the demand generation team. Recruit and train new team members.
- Drive roadmap for a world class technology stack for all of Marketing, and partner with Business System and Business Intelligence teams to stand up technology (e.g. Marketing Automation, multi-touch attribution, reporting tools, etc.).
- Develop sophisticated email nurture flows to engage and qualify captured leads and convert to qualified leads (MQLs).
- Partner with our sales associate (SA) team to run tests to drive improved conversion
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, preferably marketing or advertising
- 8-15 years of experience
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, and Bing strongly preferred
- Growth marketer at heart with a strong passion for optimizing and experimenting
- Experience creating and running integrated marketing campaigns.
- Expertise in marketing automation and marketing operations - email campaigns, CRM, and lead nurturing using tools like HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot or similar system.
- Deep analytical mind who obsessively tracks and improves KPIs.
- Ability to manage a team of marketers and influence cross functionally
- Experience with multi-touch attribution a plus
- Experience working in-house is a plus, in a B2B setting an additional plus