Director of Customer Growth & Acquisition at Wistia
Wistia aims to be on the cutting-edge of marketing—both in our own marketing efforts and by building products and creating content that help our customers stay ahead of the curve. You'll be responsible for developing and executing a marketing strategy to acquire, engage and retain customers. You’ll work closely with the content, product marketing, and sales teams to develop and deliver on this strategy. Additionally, you'll work with our Director of Audience Development to connect our audience building and customer acquisition efforts.
- Develop and execute a strategy to acquire, engage, and retain more customers. You’ll need to deeply understand the needs of our customers, how they behave and make decisions, and be able to translate that into an overarching strategy for acquiring and growing our customer base and actionable tactics, marketing campaigns, and results. You are able to think creatively to solve complex problems and deliver the best results to the company.
- Develop and manage a budget. Allocate budget in the most productive, cost-effective way to support our strategy, including letting us know when something is going really well (or poorly) and we need to change course fast. Also, closely manage the work and budget of our paid advertising agency, report on the spend and results related to acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Measure and communicate about our customer acquisition and growth efforts. Understand the full customer funnel and communicate and educate others on the marketing and sales teams, report to senior management, and update the entire company to help them understand how we’re doing.
- Be a marketing leader at Wistia and beyond. Collaborate closely with other marketers. Manage and mentor 1-2 Marketing Associates. Be a part of an elite, creatively-driven marketing organization that other companies look to for inspiration and guidance.
- Strategic thinking. This role requires experience developing holistic customer acquisition marketing strategies from scratch, as well as experience developing marketing strategies to break into or build new markets.
- Track record of success increasing customer acquisition and with omni-channel marketing strategies. Applicants should have developed and executed marketing plans that increased the rate of customer acquisition by >30%, as well as experience executing a fully integrated, omni-channel marketing strategy. You’ll also be setting, tracking performance of and reporting on key marketing KPIs.
- Deep understanding of and passion for marketing. We expect applicants to be familiar with a range of marketing tactics (including unconventional ones) and stay on top of emerging marketing trends.
- Strong collaborator and coach. The Director of Customer Growth and Acquisition must have strong stakeholder and project management skills, as well as experience managing and coaching marketers earlier in their careers.
- Experience building and managing marketing budgets.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park