Director of Communications at Akili Interactive Labs
The Director, Communications will help tell the Akili Interactive story as we continue to change how the world experiences medicine. In this role, you will develop Akili’s media relations strategies and provide communication support for company initiatives, marketed products and pipeline programs. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Communications, the Director will partner closely with the leadership team and with Akilians across the company to help us achieve our vision and long-term goals.
- Develop proactive internal and external communications strategies, tactical plans and programs in alignment with other functional partners across the organization
- Seek out, evaluate and recommend opportunities for awards and recognition, speaking engagements, industry events, and partnerships
- Lead Akili’s thought leadership program, including digital content and social media strategies, and oversee content creation from media materials to blogs and byline articles
- Oversee outreach and engagement with relevant industry, consumer, and business media; develop and maintain productive relationships with top-tier media and relevant key journalists
- Develop an integrated advocacy strategy to support our corporate goals, building relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, caregivers, advocacy groups, and other key influencers
- Counsel leadership on external and internal communications strategy and messaging
- Elevate the voice of our patients and caregivers to guide our work and decisions across the organization
- Manage external agencies and vendors as needed to support company goals
- 8-10+ years of progressive experience in communications, media relations and/or PR in health tech and/or start-up space
- Experience in consumer tech industry and/or other regulated industry preferred
- Prior experience in establishing a compelling corporate voice for organizations in start-up and/or high growth phases
- Demonstrated experience acting in advisory capacity with senior leaders; articulate, mature presence
- Strong team ethic and collaborative work style; able to operate independently, assume responsibility and be accountable
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure; responsive to needs of media stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills; strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in fast-paced, creative environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Prioritizes multiple expectations based on the company’s strategy and goals, providing focus and clarity
- Incorporates a complex, broad understanding of industry, technical, and/or scientific issues into plans and strategies to capitalize on ideas and initiatives that will drive success now and in the future.
- Seeks input from colleagues in other areas (e.g., marketing, medical affairs, product) to create common goals and objectives, with the intent of leveraging their insight to produce a better solution rather than influencing them to accept one’s own agenda
- Takes multiple actions to influence, with each action adapted to the specific audience, to ensure an integrated approach in pursuit of business and functional goals
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Akili is, by our very nature, founded on diversity. We are composed of employees from incredibly diverse industries such as gaming, software, clinical research, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry, all coming together with a common mission; to challenge the status quo of medicine. Inclusivity and wellness are 2 of our foundational cultural commitments.
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.