Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal oriented and analytical Digital Video Advertising Manager to join our Paid Digital team in Boston, MA.
The primary focus of this role is to create highly targeted but scalable digital video campaigns in ad platforms such as Google Ads (YouTube) with potential to supplement digital video ad expertise across other ad platforms including emerging short-form video networks. This team member will focus on campaign management best practices for digital video ad campaigns, including campaign setup, tactical mix, day-to-day management, creative strategy and optimization, incrementality testing, and reporting needed to monitor performance vs. objectives. The mindset that will succeed on this team is one that maniacally focuses on the most granular elements of digital ad performance, such as creative response, landing page experience, total conversion rate of these experiences, ad placement optimization, audience segment/demographic performance, and bid optimization.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, organized, detail-oriented, analytical/data driven, and thrives in a fast-paced environment where the course of action is not mapped out in detail, and change and iteration are constant. This role sits within our high-performing, data-driven, goal-obsessed paid digital team that works collaboratively across product, analytics and operations capabilities in the marketing organization to drive channel efficiency and growth.
What You'll Do:
- Own YouTube video campaign management in Google Ads, building and optimizing ad campaigns within the channel strategy as aligned with Paid Digital leaders
- Build campaign launch briefs, configure campaign structure, establish optimized ad targeting, creative, establishing goals, performance monitoring, and constant iteration and optimization of campaigns depending on goals of campaigns against various business objectives
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends and proactively suggest opportunities to improve response rate and conversion rate as well as provide daily and weekly performance summaries
- Recommend and structure A/B and multivariate creative and landing page tests including briefing test, building test execution plan with media partners, and delivering flawless end-to-end execution
- Partner with Marketing Operations and Product teams to establish reporting process, troubleshoot technical bugs or issues with campaigns. Partner with creative development capability to align on creative strategy.
- Leverage media vendor platforms like Google Ads and account teams to ensure campaigns are being managed with latest ad product features, ad formats, and alpha/beta opportunities
- Juggle multiple projects (including ad hoc asks) and prioritize time while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of experience in Digital Video Advertising, with expertise in Google Ads platform specifically
- Hands-on analytical background and proficiency in Google Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing, or related field
- Examples of direct hands-on management of always-on digital video advertising campaigns, KPIs, results
- Strong examples of proficiency in digital media optimization, including structured testing, and analysis of channel interplay and incrementality
- Strong understanding of bidding algorithms, manual bidding approaches, and appropriate use cases for each
- Ability to adapt to real-time data inputs and information and prioritize tasks according to business impact
- Advanced Excel skills, comfort level pulling and manipulating datasets, and interest in learning more (e.g. SQL)
- Position may require travel
- Experience operating within programmatic display ad tech stack (ad servers, various DSPs, leveraging 3rd party data via DMP, MTA studies, etc.)
- Experience operating within Google Ads Data Hub platform, capturing learnings and implementing into ad campaigns
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]