Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
Are you a self-driven, analytically savvy, experienced multi-channel digital marketer who is passionate about customers? Are you looking for an opportunity of a lifetime to help create something in a fun, fast-paced, empowering environment? If so, you will want to read on.
As a Customer Acquisition Manager, you will need to have/develop a deep understanding of our target customers, the market, and acquisition channels in order to drive the demand and lead management strategy. You will be responsible for helping define the target markets, helping create the strategy to reach them, and ultimately help drive conversion rate optimization across all digital marketing channels. You will report to the Director of Marketing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Assist Director of Marketing with campaign strategy and direction by crafting, launching, analyzing, and optimizing multi-channel campaigns
- Work with internal teams and external agencies on campaign development, planning, and execution
- Analyze marketing campaigns vs. goals/objectives and assist in the creation of presentations for key stakeholders and leadership
- Continually plan, execute, measure, and report on experiments using BML methodology
- Experience with Media Mix Modeling and Attribution
- Contribute to the creation of effective landing pages
- Optimize pages across all online properties to increase visitor conversion rates and improve search engine results placement
- Work closely with the SEO Manager
- Work closely with the Email Marketing Manager on journey orchestration (as needed)
- Keep up to date and educate team on industry trends
- Understand and methodically target the ideal Simply Business customer segments
- Working across cross-functional collaborative teams, both in the US as well as with the UK marketing teams
- Assist with reviewing and processing invoices
What we are looking for:
- Experienced digital marketer with strong media expertise
- 5-7 years of experience working in digital marketing/acquisition and/or digital media
- Ability to gather and interpret data into actionable recommendations
- Experience and understanding required in all modern marketing channels. In addition, expert understanding of Google Ads, Google Analytics, campaign automation, etc.
- Must be familiar with using a marketing CRM
- An understanding of how SEO and PPC drive growth together
- A passion for the customer and insatiable drive to understand how to match our products with their needs
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Content, Campaign, Marketing, Product, etc.
- Clear ability to create, plan, execute, and communicate our Digital Strategy
- Competent using analytical tools to identify opportunities
- Commercially astute - you have the ability to understand key business priorities and how digital marketing delivers value to business KPIs
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Google Analytics Certification and reporting highly preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Insurance experience preferred but not required
Other skill include:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Majestic SEO
- SEM Rush
- Bing Ads
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.