Developer Evangelist at Acquia
Job Title: Developer Evangelist
Department & Organization: Marketing
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Are you a product marketer, looking for a different kind of challenge? Are you a technical communicator who loves taking complex concepts, and communicating about them to broad audiences? Are you unable to contain your excitement when sharing about the possibility of open source communities?
We are seeking a deeply technical Developer Evangelist who will drive the adoption of Acquia’s technology stack among developers across the globe. This critical role will bridge the worlds of product management, marketing and - most importantly - developers. In addition to having experience marketing to and working with developer audiences, the ideal candidate will also have experience working with open source communities - particularly Drupal. Reporting to the head of product marketing, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of product messaging, market positioning, competitive analysis, thought leadership, and sales enablement.
Activities in this role will include speaking opportunities, high-profile customer meetings, outreach to developer gatherings and conferences, media engagements, and other communications activities.
This individual will need to work collaboratively with marketing, product management, product owners, sales leadership and channels, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that drive developers engagement and deliver results.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of Drupal developers, and the open source community from which it was born. Maintain a quarterly articulation of those needs, and how Acquia can and should respond to those needs.
- Help define and articulate Acquia’s vision for how our solutions deliver value to developer audiences. Develop product messaging and positioning for Acquia’s developer solutions that will create differentiation in a rapidly evolving market.
- Achieve and maintain a competitive assessment of the market for open source and Drupal-based developer tools.
- Lead and create sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the product vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive and effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the product management team to provide feedback to ensure we continue to deliver high impact products and launches that meet the demands of the market. Translate product capabilities into features, benefits, and value propositions for customers.
- Support Acquia sales and field teams through direct customer interactions.
- Work with the marketing teams to deliver compelling assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, email, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 2+ years experience working with developers as an evangelist, dev marketer or related role.
- 3+ years experience with products in the open source and application development space.
- 5+ years experience in product marketing for SaaS software products.
- Successful track record creating product marketing plans, solution collateral, and participation in sales enablement.
- A passion for developer outreach with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for developer solutions, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and proven public speaker to prospects/customers and internal executives at conferences, tradeshows, webinars, and company meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the product marketing team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller: A passion for evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with developer audiences, and going as deep as is necessary to help developers uncover core value propositions. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, and competitive expert - ideally with a deep understanding of Drupal, open source and cloud-based applications.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, especially SaaS metrics, usage patterns, lead conversions, and pipeline analysis. Dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.