Developer Community Event Manager
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
Own the Event Strategy, Planning and Execution activities for the Mendix Community:
This role will be responsible for delivering successful outcomes to help achieve the Mendix Community Marketing team’s annual growth and engagement goals. This role will be measured on community growth (# events, # attendees/event, # new users acquired/event), community engagement/activity (# active product users, # active apps/event), and # of new advocates/brand evangelists per event. This role reports to the Director, Community & University Programs.
As Community Event Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and hosting in-person community events to engage the community globally. As a key team-member of the Mendix Community Marketing team, you’ll interact face-to-face with Mendix community of over 70,000 developers across the world. As part of this fast-paced, high-growth team, you will be responsible for creating in-person experiences for both technical and business-focused community members using the Mendix technology.
Responsibilities to engage the Mendix Community include:
- Event Portfolio:
- Manage existing portfolio of regular event types: MVP program sessions, User Group events/Meetups, Customer Hackathons
- Innovate new types of events: Identify new, innovative ideas for event, topic, format, which improve the community’s experience and engagement. (Professional Hackathons, Roadshows, Citizen Developer Early Adopter events within our customers.)
- Engage with Tech, Business, Developers
- Create engaging in-person events tailored to each of our community personas: expert app developers, senior enterprise architects, business analysts, citizen developers.
- Design, manage and deliver in-person experiences for Citizen Developers within our customer-base to drive member acquisition, engagement, and product usage.
- Identify and align Mendix with other successful, like developer communities. Target adjacent developer community leaders and form collaborations to penetrate by introducing Mendix as an appealing extension technology.
- Leverage the Mendix University program’s presence on campus to host user-groups and meetups at universities.
- Leverage Mendix’ existing business partnerships with SAP, IBM, Siemens to plug into their existing community ecosystems and run co-hosted events.
- Event Calendar
- Manage Frequency, geography and type (1 Event/Month per region, for example))
- Ensure disciplined planning of recurring meetings, providing a consistent experience for the community
- Plan and Maintain a calendar of events
- Content Planning
- Collaborate internally with R&D, ES, and keep up on industry trends
- Create awareness and gain support internally
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and community members to understand their needs, and to consistently exceed event quality expectations for meetings and events
- Event Planning
- Logistics, speakers
- Provide detailed project and event planning and support for events, including research and preparation of event locations, reserving necessary resources,
- You will be the point of contact both internally and externally for these events
- Event Marketing
- Initiate constant communication with customers, partners, and community members to successfully organize events and provide an engaging experience
- Develop collateral and invitations
- Track registrations and attendees
- Event Execution
- You will ensure seamless operation of meetings and events by managing expectations, coordinating staff and vendor partners, and mitigating foreseeable issues.
- You are expected to deliver exceptional community experiences every day through enhanced engagement, proactive communication, and high touch service for our community.
- Consistently deliver high standards of care during events, exceed community expectations, and anticipate needs
- Coordinate feedback from the community and event attendees to integrate into continuous improvement efforts
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Experience in running and attending tech meetups and events and community user groups globally
- A passion for Mendix low-code technology
- A passion for teaching, learning, using and talking about technology and business
- Are a self-proclaimed tech geek who loves to keep adding more tech skills to your resume.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing high profile meetings and events with communities, including detailed project planning and support
- Client and community facing experience, exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills across all channels; digital, live and recorded video and audio, written, and in-person
- Experience executing and optimizing digital marketing activities
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description