Content Marketing Director
As Content Marketing Director you are accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness, traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention. Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, conversion, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement This new management position requires a creative genius, out of the box thinker and a proven track record of developing robust inbound marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results. Candidates will have passion and a strong grasp of current digital strategies gained in a B2B software environment and proven team leadership skills.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- 5+ years working as a Content Marketing Manager/Director
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business or equivalent working experience
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Understanding of complex B2B enterprise software environments and how content will create and progress opportunities
- Experience with wordpress, Google analytics, Slideshare, and the top social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales