Community Event Manager
Greater Boston Area
Own the Event Strategy, Planning and Execution activities for the Mendix Community:
This role will be responsible for delivering successful outcomes to help achieve the Mendix Community Marketing team’s annual growth and engagement goals. This role will be measured on community growth (# events, # attendees/event, # new users acquired/event), community engagement/activity (# active product users, # active apps/event), and # of new advocates/brand evangelists per event. This role reports to the Director, Community & University Programs.
As Community Event Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and hosting in-person community events to engage the community globally. As a key team-member of the Mendix Community Marketing team, you’ll interact face-to-face with Mendix community of over 70,000 developers across the world. As part of this fast-paced, high-growth team, you will be responsible for creating in-person experiences for both technical and business-focused community members using the Mendix technology.
Responsibilities to engage the Mendix Community include:
- Event Portfolio:
- Manage existing portfolio of regular event types: MVP program sessions, User Group events/Meetups, Customer Hackathons
- Innovate new types of events: Identify new, innovative ideas for event, topic, format, which improve the community’s experience and engagement. (Professional Hackathons, Roadshows, Citizen Developer Early Adopter events within our customers.)
- Engage with Tech, Business, Developers
- Create engaging in-person events tailored to each of our community personas: expert app developers, senior enterprise architects, business analysts, citizen developers.
- Design, manage and deliver in-person experiences for Citizen Developers within our customer-base to drive member acquisition, engagement, and product usage.
- Identify and align Mendix with other successful, like developer communities. Target adjacent developer community leaders and form collaborations to penetrate by introducing Mendix as an appealing extension technology.
- Leverage the Mendix University program’s presence on campus to host user-groups and meetups at universities.
- Leverage Mendix’ existing business partnerships with SAP, IBM, Siemens to plug into their existing community ecosystems and run co-hosted events.
- Event Calendar
- Frequency, geo, type (1 Event/Month per Geo -EMEA, UK, US)
- Ensure disciplined planning of recurring meetings, providing a consistent experience for the community
- Organizing community events globally
- Plan and Maintain a calendar of events
- Content Planning
- Collaborate internally with R&D, ES, and keep up on industry trends
- Creating awareness and gaining support internally, involving and including people in the events when necessary
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and community members to understand their needs and to consistently exceed event quality expectations for meetings and events
- Event Planning
- Logistics, speakers
- Providing detailed project and event planning and support for events, including research and preparation of event locations, reserving necessary resources,
- You will be the point of contact both internally and externally for these events
- Event Marketing
- Constant communication with customers, partners, and community members to successfully organize events and provide an engaging experience
- develop collateral and invitations
- tracking registrations and attendees
- Event Execution
- You will ensure seamless operation of meetings and events by managing expectations, coordinating staff and vendor partners, and mitigating foreseeable issues.
- You are expected to deliver exceptional community experiences every day through enhanced engagement, proactive communication, and high touch service for our community.
- Consistently deliver high standards of care during events, exceed community expectations, and anticipate needs
- Coordinate feedback from the community and event attendees to integrate into continuous improvement efforts
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Experience in running and attending tech meetups and events and community user groups globally
- A passion for Mendix low-code technology
- A passion for teaching, learning, using and talking about technology and business
- Are a self-proclaimed tech geek who loves to keep adding more tech skills to your resume.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing high profile meetings and events with communities, including detailed project planning and support
- Client and community facing experience, exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills across all channels; digital, live and recorded video and audio, written, and in-person
- Experience executing and optimizing digital marketing activities
Read Full Job Description