Communications Manager at Acquia
Acquia seeks a communications manager who is responsible for executing on the overall thought leadership and public relations plan and activity. You should be an experienced public relations program leader who can contribute original ideas and craft key messages, but also make concrete recommendations and strategic decisions, while executing quickly. This candidate will also manage Acquia’s global PR agencies to support our relationships with business, trade, vertical and digital media.
Additionally, you should take the lead and responsibility for the most challenging or innovative program goals, and have an appetite for exceeding expectations. You should strive and deliver high quality work and lead by example. You are also committed to learning and growing your skills alongside Acquia teammates.
The position is located in our Boston headquarters. This is not a remote opportunity.
- Develop, lead, and implement external communications strategies and programs.
- Work with global PR agencies to identify and build positive relationships and coverage with business, IT, martech and related vertical media outlets, reporters, bloggers, communities and other influencers such as industry associations.
- Support proactive outbound communications and engagement, creating thought leadership and awareness.
- Proactively manage all reporting, analysis, the news pipeline, and the communications budget in collaboration with the senior director of communications.
- Increase visibility of Acquia’s executives and subject matter experts through speaking and editorial opportunities.
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs.
- Support the company’s wider global corporate communications functions, as necessary, while also making sure worldwide messages are in line and succinct.
Skills and Attributes
- 3-5 years in PR or communications at an organization or agency.
- Experience developing and maintaining key messaging and positioning for companies, executives, products and thought leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
- Have experience managing PR for fast-moving tech companies.
- Is a self starter while balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities; comfortable working as both part of a high-performing, diverse team.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders, while understanding how to maneuver through executives and cross-functionally to make things happen.
- Proven ability to project manage and drive high-profile visibility.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, business, or a related discipline.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.