Communications Assistant - Part-Time - (Remote - Boston, MA) at Skillsoft
Communications Assistant (Part-Time)
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Skillsoft is looking for an experienced writer and marketing professional to help elevate the newly refreshed Skillsoft and SumTotal brands. In this role, you will work closely with the internal Corporate Communications team and external agencies to amplify the brand, its customers, and internal thought leaders to demonstrate the transformative power of learning. The ideal candidate is both a creative thinker and strong writer able to articulate compelling and impactful stories.
Uncertain times require new skills, and as a result, virtual learning has never been more relevant to an organization's success. With your help, we will share Skillsoft's journey to build future-fit, agile, and resilient workforces around the world.
- Serve as a trusted ghost writer for senior leadership team member to reflect accurate voice, perspective, and passion.
- Develop variety of written materials (bylined articles, listicles, press releases, reports, award submissions, call for speakers abstracts, etc.) on behalf of executives, thought leaders, and customers.
- Partner closely with our Global Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to ensure alignment and a pulse on the most compelling stories.
- Join Agile marketing teams focused on supporting key areas of the business.
- Ensure materials maintain brand consistency and integrity across Corporate Communications initiatives.
- Proofread content before publication to ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role.
- Portfolio of published content and articles.
- Solid critical thinking skills across marketing, business and brand.
- Project management and coordination with internal and external partners.
- Maintain a high bar for creative quality for yourself and others while pushing to find the best solution to meet company goals.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.