Business Operations Analyst, Marketing
Markforged is a fast-growing Watertown-based company selling 3D printers for industrial applications to NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Microsoft, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries. Only Markforged has continuous carbon fiber printing, and in 2017, we introduced a metal 3D printer using the same 5th generation hardware and software platform as our composite printer.Customers use Markforged printers to speed up line changeovers and shrink downtime with non-scratching tooling and fixture parts. They slash prototyping cycles with same-day functional prototypes. And they print low-volume complex parts to reduce the number of components or reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
The goal of the Business Operations team is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies. There is a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. The Business Operations team blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
This is a multifaceted and versatile role that will require the ability to think strategically, build marketing analyses to drive growth, and manage and own execution of operational projects.
In this role you will:
- Design, own, and operate reporting tools and metrics for marketing team: Build closed loop reporting for existing and new marketing initiatives; Build rapid-release excel tools to enhance understanding of leads and opportunities in the context of campaigns, events, verticals, etc.
- Implement new processes with deep understanding of team requirements and system capabilities
- Enhance current functionality of sales and marketing systems (Salesforce, Marketo, Clearbit)
- Segment and leverage our marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness
- Additional projects as needed
What we look for:
- Raw smarts: business and practical common sense and intellect
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent project management skills
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Team player that works collaboratively with others
- Strong academic background. Degrees in finance, economics, business, or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of Tableau or data visualization tools a plus
- Start-up experience a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description