Associate Director Patient Services Marketing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals
The U.S. Patient Services Marketing team is seeking an Associate Director, Patient Services Marketing. This is a critical position that will help guide and execute the evolution of our programs to address unmet patient needs, elevating the quality of education and support provided. This leader will have a visible role driving two key focus areas forward:
Champion the transformation of our in-market digital assets, including our current OnePath portal and app, as well as our CRM stream. This individual will start by leading usability testing of these assets, gaining rich insights directly from customers on how to improve the experience. S/he will develop a roadmap, in conjunction with key stakeholders, to evolve these assets and then lead a cross-functional team to execute the strategy. It will also be important to clearly define success for each asset, and pro-actively establish both metrics and targets accordingly. This leader should have a strong multi-channel background, customer experience orientation and the ability to be an effective bridge and communicator amongst Patient Services, IT and our vendor.
Serve as the Patient Services Marketing lead for GI, which includes Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS), Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. This includes providing thought partnership based on customer and field insights for the GI therapeutic area in a multitude of ways, including:
- Supporting product launches and other key brand activities, such as the annual planning process and budgeting
- Developing patient education materials for on-boarding, financial and reimbursement support and ongoing support
- Identifying new patient journey touch-points and communications to improve the patient and caregiver experience
- Driving consistency in how support programs are discussed across therapeutic areas
This leader may be asked to support additional responsibilities as the business needs evolve and shift. This individual will work closely with the franchise Marketing team, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Commercial Operations and IT.
The Associate Director, Patient Services Marketing reports to the Senior Director, Patient Services Marketing on the U.S. Patient Engagement & Excellence team. As context, U.S. Patient Services currently supports three different patient programs (OnePath – 14 brands spread across 7 disease states; Hematology Support Center – 7 brands spread across hematology disease states; Entyvio Connect – 1 brand aligned to 1 disease state).
Strategic Leadership & Innovation (15%)
Works with the Senior Director to develop strategic vision for evolution of Takeda’s patient support program.
Works with marketing leads across the portfolio to develop strategies for services, engagement and experience. Provides input into brand specific strategic plans.
Program Leadership & Execution – Patient Services Marketing (40%)
Works with the team to develop and execute key patient programs. Leads the development and implementation of access services, marketing strategies, programs, tactics and messaging. Tracks/monitors KPIs and key analytics. Manages tactical programs and commercial tools through the CMLR process.
Manages the external spend budget for specific programs and ensures appropriate resource optimization, including optimal use of external agencies.
Collaboration & Communication (30%)
Works directly with other members of the Patient Services team on key programs and initiatives. Collaborates with marketing leads and franchise sales leads. Identifies and leverages synergies across therapeutic areas. Works closely with agencies and digital vendors.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS/BA required. MBA preferred.
- Candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in Patient or Consumer Marketing with strong digital experience.
- Two to 3 years of Patient Services experience in pharma/biotech rare disease preferred.
- Must have experience working with pharma/biotech promotional materials and agencies. Proven track record of project management and tactical execution.
- 20-30% travel as required. Role will sometimes call for early or late meetings and/or attendance to patient meetings on nights and weekends.