Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. We are looking for a B2B marketing expert to play a vital management role on our marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Demand Generation, you will be responsible for designing a comprehensive demand generation strategy, spanning from acquisition to engagement to conversion, and managing a team of talented marketers to execute demand generation plans.
The Associate Director of Demand Generation understands how to develop creative integrated marketing campaigns that optimize the flow of qualified leads to sales and thrives on understanding the metrics and processes of B2B marketing. Proven expertise in creating and executing multi-touch demand creation programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics is essential for this role.
You’ll work closely with various groups, including Sales, Product and Senior Leadership, to innovate and evolve our demand generation strategy, ultimately delivering the marketing inputs that drive continued aggressive revenue growth.
It’s an exciting time to be a SmartBear. We are the market leader in technology for Software Test Automation and have fast growing products across the DevOps lifecycle. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building tools for teams to plan, build, test and monitor software—and having fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning SmartBear team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.
- Design and drive a comprehensive demand generation strategy integrating and leveraging tactics and tools including search engine marketing, email, webinars, events and social media.
- Lead demand planning efforts including production of lead generation goals and forecasts, setting/managing budget priorities and measuring overall results.
- Assess current lead funnel definitions and create data-driven, actional plans to advance sophistication through better understanding of buying cycle stages and nurturing campaign goals.
- Create strategy to advance use of Marketo and other martech tools in order to drive greater sophistication of SmartBear marketing engine.
- Manage Demand Generation team, ensuring on-time execution of marketing activities, performance against lead forecasts and pipeline creation.
- Implement testing strategies to analyze and enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and multivariate testing.
- Track and analyze marketing performance and continually implement optimizations for increased growth.
- Provide day-to-day management and accountability for all email marketing and other promotional programs.
- Cultivate and leverage relationships across the organization on an ongoing basis to identify current and future initiatives, in addition to sharing performance results.
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience, with heavy focus in demand generation, digital marketing, and campaign management roles a must
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful demand creation, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs
- Expertise in digital marketing, ideally for a B2B company where online marketing played a key role in new customer acquisition, with working knowledge of SEM
- Hands-on experience using marketing automation platforms
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, passionate marketer with desire to innovate and transform marketing practices and strategy
- Management experience, including demonstrated strong interpersonal and team-building capabilities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think and execute both strategically and creatively
- High attention to detail and focus on quality output necessary
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver results
Are you a SmartBear?
SmartBear is growing and evolving into a top Boston employer! SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. Our leaders are looking for culture add employees who want to grow with SmartBear and create dynamic careers.
· Headquartered in Boston, we are growing and evolving into a best in class employer. Ranked by BuiltInBoston as a top 100 Best Places to Work in Boston 2019.
· We are a technology industry leader. SmartBear named a leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation.
· We like our cold brew on tap, games, free food. We also get other amazing perks such as 100% reimbursement of your medical deductible, wellness stipend for sneakers or gym memberships, and a host of customizable online training courses.
· We are inventive, hungry, geeky, agile, innovative, and we have fun! “The people, culture, winning mentality and everyone pulling in the same direction is what makes SmartBear such a great place to work.” – current SmartBear employee.
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.