Acquisition Marketing Manager at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
To strengthen our leadership, CarGurus is investing in new opportunities in the automotive space! We’re looking for an experienced candidate to join our Consumer Marketing team where you will ramp up traffic acquisition to these new areas and drive the learning agenda. In this Acquisition Marketing Manager role, you will be in charge of handling paid digital campaigns to efficiently grow traffic and conversions for CarGurus new verticals. You will work closely together with the Product, Engineering, and broader Marketing teams to bring to life and optimize critical traffic acquisition initiatives. A successful candidate will possess robust marketing experience, an outstanding analytical skillset, and an ability to thrive in a test-and-learn, fast-paced environment.What You’ll Do:
- Manage paid digital advertising channels (Paid Search, Social and/or Display),including informing budget, setting priorities, and running execution.
- Measure performance of existing initiatives and conduct analysis driven by data to identify optimization and growth opportunities.
- Analyze market, competitive and media landscape dynamics to scope potential new acquisition channels.
- Propose and run tests in partnership with Product, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key partners and senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical or social science major (e.g. math, statistics, economics) with an excellent academic record. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience with a background in consumer marketing; ideally experience managing paid digital advertising campaigns.
- Data-oriented thinker with excellent strategic, analytical, and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics, advanced knowledge a plus
- Experience with Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, SQL and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.