Acquisition Marketing Manager, CarGurus Labs at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Labs focuses on transformative opportunities in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid product experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members. Our currently public initiative is our peer-to-peer platform, which aims to make private selling or buying easy, safe, and secure.
In this Acquisition Marketing role, you will be in charge of managing paid digital campaigns and SEO to efficiently grow traffic and conversions for CarGurus Labs. You will work closely together with the Product, Engineering, and broader Marketing teams to bring to life and optimize critical traffic acquisition initiatives. A successful candidate will possess robust marketing experience, an outstanding analytical skillset, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage digital advertising channels (Search Engine, Social and/or Display), including informing budget, setting priorities, and managing execution.
- Measure performance of existing initiatives and conduct data-driven analysis to identify optimization and growth opportunities.
- Analyze market, competitive and media landscape dynamics to scope potential new acquisition channels.
- Propose and manage tests in partnership with Product, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Monitor SEO performance and identify keyword opportunities
- Work closely with our Content team to develop timely, high-ranking articles and research
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leadership
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical or social science major (e.g. math, statistics, economics) with an excellent academic record. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience with a background in consumer marketing; ideally experience managing digital advertising campaigns as well as SEO keyword research.
- Data-oriented thinker with excellent strategic, analytical, and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics, advanced knowledge a plus
- Experience with Google Trends, Google Search Console, keyword tracking tools (STAT, SEMrush, Conductor, etc.), SQL and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.