Marketing and Operations Associate
Firecracker is online education platform that’s helping the next generation of medical students become doctors. We’re a small, collaborative team working in downtown Boston and we are looking for a business communications intern to assist with account and marketing management, 40 hours a week. This role will be comprised of supporting both the VP of Marketing and the Director of Academic Operations. The position requires communication with Firecracker’s customers, both medical students and medical faculty. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in managing online marketing campaigns for Firecracker
- Setting up week communications to students
- Preparing reports for medical school faculty
- Develop and Implement engagement strategies
The ideal candidate will be adept at communication and willing to learn. Candidates will need to be flexible, to be able to complete pre-defined tasks on a weekly basis while providing customer support and internal support for ad-hoc projects. Comfort working online, and attention to detail is required.
As part of this role, you’ll be trained on our marketing/communication software and our account management process. You will learn the basics of project management and managing marketing campaigns.
The position is for a 3 month contract with the possibility of a full time extension. We are looking for someone to work out of the Boston office with us.
Seeking someone who is/has:
- Ability to communicate, clearly, in writing and speech.
- Experience with Google docs and Microsoft office suite a plus.
- Interested in working for a start up - small team, fast pace..
- Interest in learning online marketing and project management is a plus
- Willingness to learn new software.
- Attention to detail, and good time management skills.