Vice President, Legal at Kyruus
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Counsel/Vice President, Legal role.
You’ll contribute to our vision and mission by partnering with executive leadership and all functions to enhance Kyruus’ strategic possibilities with an eye to all legal and compliance aspects as Senior Counsel. You’ll influence our privacy, security and corporate practices, as well as our sales and account management, and our product development and marketing strategies. You’ll report to the General Counsel and will sit within the Legal department of the General & Administrative division.Ownership
- You’ll manage all legal matters for the business, with a scope of responsibilities that ranges from general corporate, commercial transactions, financings, intellectual property, litigation, M&A, to employment law. You’ll provide legal counsel to business colleagues on complex and routine legal questions relating to various business issues.
- You’ll be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts relating to products, services, software licensing/subscriptions, confidentiality, BAAs and other areas to optimize value and mitigate risks connected with these arrangements. You’ll update standardized contract templates and manage internal knowledge management resources.
- You’ll prepare business agreements, correspondence forms and reports required for business development activities or compliance.
- You’ll review, edit, and approve all vendor and contractor agreements and work with appropriate departments on pricing negotiations as necessary.
- You’ll partner closely with Human Resources, Technology Operations, Security, and Finance to craft, review, and enforce policies, procedures, and regulations as it relates to our people, our processes, and our products.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your Bachelor’s and JD degrees, and your 6+ years of experience practicing law (preferably with experience working in both a national law firm as well as in-house general counsel experience) to:
- Provide excellent, consistent and culturally appropriate legal advice that moves the business forward while optimizing risks
- Establish templates, policies, processes, and procedures that adhere to applicable requirements and expresses thought leadership, both internally and externally
- Review, revise, and push to closure key agreements in a timely manner, with quality
You’ll use your consultative, executive communication skills and operational chops to:
- Educate Kyruuvians on privacy, security, healthcare, and other compliance best practices
- Help oversee management of outside counsel (as necessary) and the legal budget.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You think (and operate) strategically and proactively to manage legal risk across the company.
- You maintain a careful pulse on Kyruus’ culture and the impacts of legal/privacy initiatives that might affect culture. You strive to ensure that actions taken are in keeping with our culture and CORE values.
- You reduce and closely manage the legal review and contracting process as part of the Kyruus sales cycle.