Senior Regulatory Counsel (Boston, San Francisco or New York)
What you'll work on
- Analyze Circle’s current and future product offerings to determine the best license framework to pursue and work with the management team to determine strategy
- Develop strategic plan for execution of licensing plan and drive such processes quickly and efficiently. Serve as the point person for engagement with key regulators and as the internal resource on regulatory questions related to the licensing process
- Stay on top of developments in the regulatory environment for blockchain and cryptocurrency offerings and advise management on new risks or opportunities
- Supervise and manage outside counsel to ensure that all aspects of Circle’s legal representation are of the highest quality, including overall strategy and the day-to-day running of matters.
- Coordinate with management and the product team to understand the operational and product development impact of licenses and regulatory frameworks
What you'll bring to Circle
- 5+ years’ experience at a regulated consumer financial services company, top tier law firm, and/or relevant government agency
- Significant experience with SEC and CFTC regulatory frameworks, including things like dealer registration process
- Passion and depth of experience with blockchain technology is preferred; willingness to learn more about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is required
- Superior communication skills are crucial to this position. You should be comfortable engaging with the management team, external counsel and regulators on topics critical to Circle’s success
- Must be comfortable providing legal guidance on short timelines and with limited information and then helping to execute on the business decision – even if it involves legal risks
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics. Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Commitment to diversity and a respect for others
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!