Mirakl is powering the platform economy by providing the leading technology and partner ecosystem needed to launch an eCommerce marketplace. Thanks to one of the largest fundraising rounds ever made by a french start-up, Mirakl recently became one of the most promising unicorns and plans to hire over 1,000 talented individuals over the next 3 years. We are:
- The global leader in marketplace platform software, at the heart of digital transformation of the world's largest organizations
- A global company, headquartered in Paris, with 340+ employees and offices in Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Sydney and São Paulo
- A rapidly growing organization that just raised a $300M Series D round of funding from prestigious investors bringing our valuation to $1.5B
- Enabling over 200+ of the world’s leading B2B and B2C companies including Urban Outfitters, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Best Buy Canada, Carrefour, Siemens, and Toyota Material Handling USA, Inc. to offer more, learn more, and sell more
- True to our core values of: Innovate & Inspire, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Get Things Done, Go Above & Beyond, and Work Hard Together
To support the rapid adoption of the marketplace model and further accelerate our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel.
Reporting directly into the Head of Legal based in Paris, you will support both the US Sales and Customer Success teams and will be in charge of specific legal matters within the US office. You will also be the global contact for Alliances team (distributors, partners, etc.) You will:
● Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements including SaaS agreements, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
● Negotiate with key customers, partners, suppliers and resellers.
● Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes and legal guidelines.
● Collaborate with Sales, Finance, and other departments to support Mirakl US operations.
● Actively counsel the senior sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
● Develop creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
● Offer legal support on a wider array of topics and support our US Marketing team with commercial agreement negotiations.
● Juris Doctor, Master's degree in Contract Law a plus!
● Expansive knowledge of Intellectual Property Law
● Previous experience as in-house legal counsel (7-8 years), previous experience in the software industry will be highly valued
● Pragmatic - ability to be a trusted Business Partner
● Experience in indirect sales / partner programs is must
● Resourceful - thrives in a fast-paced and metrics-driven environment