Senior Legal Counsel at Mirakl
More than 60% of online businesses have plans to participate in the marketplace platform economy, and for good reason: platform companies are twice as profitable and benefit from more sustainable growth, resilience and agility.
Mirakl’s mission is simple. We help our clients seize this platform opportunity by providing the unrivaled expertise, technology, and partner ecosystem that B2B and B2C organizations need to launch and grow their own online marketplaces. Mirakl’s latest $300M fundraising values Mirakl at $1.5B, and places it among the most dynamic players in eCommerce, globally. With this funding, Mirakl will hire 1,000 passionate new Mirakl workers over the next 3 years. Mirakl is proud to be part of the Next40 and FrenchTech120. As Mirakl continues to grow, we’re committed to staying true to our core values: get things done, go above & beyond, succeed through expertise, work hard together, and satisfy & empower clients. Mirakl is:
- The leading marketplace SaaS platform, at the heart of digital transformation, for the world's most forward-thinking organizations
- A hyper-growth company with a global presence, and 350+ employees in 11 countries with offices in Paris, Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Bordeaux, Sydney and São Paulo
- Enabling over 300 of the world’s leading companies including ABB, Astore by AccorHotels, Best Buy Canada, Carrefour, Catch Group, Changi Airport, Darty, Metro, The Kroger Co., Satair, Siemens Mobility, Tetra Pak, and Toyota Material Handling to accelerate their digital transformation with a business model that is adaptive to a changing business landscape
To support this rapid adoption of the marketplace model, and take an active part in our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel.
The Senior Legal Counsel will report into the Head of Legal based in Paris. You will support both the US Sales and Customer Success teams and will be in charge of specific legal matters within the US office. You will also be the global contact for Alliances team (distributors, partners, etc.) You will:
● Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements including SaaS agreements, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
● Negotiate with key customers, partners, suppliers and resellers.
● Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes and legal guidelines.
● Collaborate with Sales, Finance, and other departments to support Mirakl US operations.
● Actively counsel the senior sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
● Develop creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
● Offer legal support on a wider array of topics and support our US Marketing team with commercial agreement negotiations.
● Juris Doctor, Master's degree in Contract Law a plus!
● Expansive knowledge of Intellectual Property Law
● Previous experience as in-house legal counsel (7-8 years), previous experience in the software industry will be highly valued
● Pragmatic - ability to be a trusted Business Partner
● Experience in indirect sales / partner programs is must
● Resourceful - thrives in a fast-paced and metrics-driven environment