Senior Corporate Counsel
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology to keep the world safe from cyber attacks.
We are seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to help the legal department meet the needs of a fast paced, growing public company. As a member of the legal team, you will work with most functional groups throughout the organization to provide practical, business-focused legal advice. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for employment matters, but you will also provide legal support on a variety of in-house legal issues.
What You’ll Do
- Provide expert advice and legal support to the company with a primary emphasis on working with human resources and other business leaders on a broad range of global employment law matters, including recruiting, hiring, immigration, employee relations, performance management, reorganizations, leave management, accommodations, and internal employment related investigations, as well as compliance with equal employment opportunity laws in the U.S. and globally, FMLA, wage and hour laws, and affirmative action.
- Partner with Human Resources to evaluate, develop and implement employment practices, policies, and procedures in compliance with employment laws and regulations worldwide.
- Collaborate with HR on employment-related compliance matters including supporting training initiatives.
- Draft employment agreements, severance agreements, commission plans and 3rd party vendor agreements related to Human Resources functions.
- In conjunction with the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel, support general corporate legal activities, including SEC Compliance and public company reporting activities.
- As needed, provide support for the sales and business development activities of the company by drafting and negotiating Cloud Service Agreements, Vendor Agreements, and partnership agreements.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of legal experience
- JD degree and membership in good standing in one state bar
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous in-house counsel experience is highly desirable
- Candidate must have the ability to work without extensive supervision, interact well with personnel from all functional areas and operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment