Senior Corporate Counsel
HubSpot is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to provide leadership and counsel acting as a partner to the business, with a key focus on our Marketing team. In this role, you will report to our General Counsel and work with our Legal and cross-functional team.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Act as legal lead as part of cross-functional team focused on marketing. This business partner role will advise and support the marketing team with lead generation and nurturing activities (affiliate and distribution programs), internal and external communications, event-based initiatives, and internal operations, among others.
- Serve as legal point to support our annual INBOUND event, including close collaboration with business leads, advising on event-related compliance issues, management of commercial contract templates, negotiation of related commercial agreements, and management of related processes
- Advise on establishment and negotiation of commercial arrangements to support marketing strategy and operations
- Provide business-minded advice to internal clients regarding proposed transactions and strategic initiatives, and application and interpretation of relevant licensing restrictions and legal requirements
- Review key company communication in collaboration with the applicable Legal and cross-functional team members
- Collaborate closely with our Data Protection Officer to ensure marketing operations remain in compliance with company and legal requirements
- Provide training and maintaining knowledge base on intellectual property and licensing compliance, and marketing and advertising practices and procedures
- Manage our trademark and copyright portfolio, handling both maintenance, permission-based and enforcement matters globally
- Establish scalable legal engagement processes with the applicable cross-functional team to provide practical and efficient support
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed (the obligatory catch-all)
We are looking for people who:
- Have graduated from an accredited law school with at least 6+ years of relevant experience, ideally with some in-house experience
- Are active members of the Massachusetts State Bar or other reciprocal jurisdiction
- Have experience working on a variety of marketing-related issues and a high-level of comfort advising on compliance with trademark law, copyright law, and commercial terms
- Have experience with review of commercial contracts and feel comfortable running an independent negotiation process
- Are able to handle a broad range of general legal matters and work effectively with all levels in a crazy fast-paced, and transparent environment
- Are able to make decisions and provide advice based on data, business needs, and the law and to explain the rationale for the decision to a curious and empowered team
- Are solution-minded and have a collaborative approach to engagement with the business
- Are able to develop strong relationships based on trust with business team partners and the leadership team
- Are able to effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks for both enthusiastic and creative business team members
- Have strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Are self-starters with drive to implement improvements in internal processes
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.