Senior Contracts Manager
Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our Platform empowers organizations to work with greater agility to accelerate growth, drive efficiency, and rapidly innovate.
Trusted by more than 30 percent of the Fortune 100, the Catalant Platform enables business leaders to organize and gain visibility into mission critical work, access and dynamically deploy both internal and external resources, and track the speed, quality, and impact of work to drive better business performance. Access to our robust Expert Marketplace of over 55,000 independent experts and 1,000 boutique consulting firms helps organizations fill in critical capabilities and capacity gaps on high-priority projects.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, GE Ventures, and Greylock Partners.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
Are you an experienced contracts manager who’s great at developing processes to help high-growth organizations scale? Do you enjoy drafting and negotiating contracts to help your internal business partners achieve company goals? Are you a results-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our team!
The legal team at Catalant is a lean, solution-oriented team that works closely with every function in the organization. We’re looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented and experienced Senior Contracts Manager to roll up their sleeves to help Catalant scale and mature.
You’ll join our growing legal team, reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel, and will be the primary resource for our vendor management process, covering the entire vendor life cycle (from selection, risk assessment and contracting to tracking and negotiating renewals), and the administration and management of contracts. This position will be located in Catalant’s Boston headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the life cycle of negotiating agreements with vendors to support Catalant’s engineering, marketing, sales, sales operations, human resources, and other functions
- Coordinate the administration and management of vendor and customer contracts, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various contracts (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, statements of work, consulting agreements, etc.), and escalating critical issues and requests for approval of non-standard terms to business stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Legal and Security teams to assess and manage risks associated with new vendor engagements
- Engage and develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including finance, engineering, product, marketing, sales, sales operations and people teams, as needed to identify issues, advise on business and legal risks, and resolve issues to closeout vendor and customer agreements
- Identify process improvements and help build scalable solutions to continuously improve Catalant’s procurement processes (e.g., development of templates, policies, procedures, tools, training programs, etc.)
- Play an important role in fostering awareness and ensuring compliance with vendor procurement processes and contractual obligations across the company
- Undertake other projects as required as part of a small legal team
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. required
- J.D. is helpful but not required
- Membership in Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) or paralegal certification (a plus)
- A minimum of at least 5 years of relevant experience, with a focus on contract management, agreement drafting and negotiation, and process development
- Substantial knowledge of procurement best practices
- Deep experience partnering with and providing timely support to in-house business partners is required
- Substantial experience negotiating non-disclosure agreements and SaaS, software and professional services purchases is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with applicable laws (particularly data privacy laws) that impact vendor agreements and ability to explain the implication to internal business partners
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Google Drive or contracts management tools a plus
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to work independently as well as prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm for building and implementing scalable processes from the ground up
- Energy for the challenges of serving a dynamic, high-growth company
- A solutions-oriented approach, comfort with change and ambiguity
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills