Senior Attorney, Real Estate Legal Compliance
What you'll do:
- Establish legal compliance frameworks and implementation programs across real estate and mortgage transactions, including across related internal operations as well as in core business lines, to help achieve the company’s objectives
- Advise on transactional compliance as well as licensing and operational roles and requirements
- Collaborate with and advise cross-functional teams on legal and regulatory compliance issues that arise relating to the execution and performance of real estate-related digital transactions conducted on Notarize
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Sales, Security Operations and other core teams to develop training programs and to respond promptly to vendor diligence inquiries
- Engage with customers and business partners during the sales and contracting diligence process to answer compliance-related questions and drive faster customer acquisition
- Establish processes to ensure compliance requirements are implemented across partner, vendor and supplier agreements.
- Engage in communications and advocacy with legal, regulatory, industry and standards setting bodies to positively influence Notarize’s compliance and regulatory environment.
What you'll bring:
- A JD degree and at least 5 years’ experience developing compliance programs and/or advising corporate clients and teams on key compliance requirements in real estate, mortgage, financial services and insurance
- Ideally, extensive transactional experience in residential mortgage and related transactions and applicable laws and regulations, including RESPA, TRID, licensing requirements and disclosure and other transactional requirements. Title insurance and title producer licensing a significant plus
- Demonstrated startup initiative - ability to self-manage, find creative ways to work through barriers, actively learn necessary skills, and manage projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Proven communication and presentation skills - ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal teams, customers, regulators, partners, etc.) on legal and regulatory compliance issues.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.