The Privacy Specialist will be a self-motivated, driven and experienced professional with domain-specific expertise across a wide range of privacy subject matters. The Privacy Specialist’s primary role will be to support Toast’s Privacy Counsel with the development and implementation of a comprehensive global privacy program. The ideal candidate will be a team player that is comfortable supporting a fast-growing business and partnering with various business units across the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain actual hands-on experience within a number of privacy-specific domains and to help build out Toast’s privacy function.
What you will do:
- Support Toast’s Privacy Counsel with the development and implementation of a comprehensive global privacy program across Toast’s business (including policy and template development, privacy impact assessments, training, third party management, incident response etc).
- Support on company-wide privacy initiatives, such as CCPA and the GDPR.
- Develop and manage internal tools, guidelines and documentation as part of Toast’s privacy program, such as vendor intake, privacy impact assessments, personal data inventories/flows and audits.
- Support with the development and oversight of privacy-related training and awareness materials.
- Manage the privacy inbox and address complaints and/or individual rights requests as they arise.
- Monitor and assess the impact of new privacy and security regulatory developments to Toast’s business units.
- Partner closely with all areas of the business (e.g. product, engineering, marketing, HR, capital, payroll) to provide both project-specific and day-to-day support.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- B.A. or B.S. degree (J.D. acceptable, but not required)
- 2-4 years of data privacy experience in a legal, compliance or consulting-oriented setting
- Broad subject matter experience across the privacy spectrum (e.g. CCPA, the GDPR, GLBA, HIPAA)
- Privacy certification (e.g. CIPP, CIPM etc) preferred
- Experience managing and/or comfort with supporting cross-functional privacy projects (e.g. with product, engineering, IT etc) preferred
- Ability to break down complex and often ambiguous requirements into actionable next steps
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, diverse, energetic and open-minded office environment and contribute to the thriving culture