Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus seeks a Paralegal to join our growing legal team and to support all of the Company’s legal operations. You'll be joining a growing legal team and supporting all of the company’s legal operations. This role would be very impactful as the paralegal would assist with many different legal areas and, therefore, many aspects of the company. There would be a wide variety or work and a lot of opportunity for learning and contributing.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and maintain an archive of a wide range of contracts, agreements and legal documents.
- Assist in drafting and managing accurate and organized corporate documentation and records for domestic and international entities, including:
- Preparing and filing required entity reports
- Drafting resolutions and other governance documents
- Maintaining board, shareholder and committee records
- Keeping all minutes books, corporate seals, etc.
- Coordinate and organize materials and presentations for Board and Committee meetings.
- Research legal and related business issues and matters and report findings and conclusions to facilitate informed decisions and positions.
- Organize contract signing by directors and officers.
- Maintain corporate calendars and ensure timely filings.
- Assist with periodic filings (including Section 16 reporting with the SEC), stock plan and cap tables, as needed.
- Support the closing of company transactions.
- Maintain records of intellectual property applications and holdings.
- Provide support in litigation matters.
Who You Are:
- BA degree, Paralegal Certification preferred
- A minimum of four years’ experience with an in-house legal department at a public company and/or reputable law firm dealing with public companies
- Track record of working as a “team player” within a legal group to support departmental and company success
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research/drafting abilities and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments and disciplines at all levels of the organization in a dynamic environment
- Experience interacting with outside counsel preferred
- Experience with internet, social media and e-commerce issues and advertising and marketing issues preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.