We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing quickly and are searching for a Paralegal who will work with our Legal and Government Affairs teams. When you join us, you will perform key functions that provide support throughout our litigation and multi-state legislative efforts. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, technology-focused environment? Are you a self-motived person who also craves a company grounded in collaboration? If so, we hope you’ll join us.
What you’ll do as a Paralegal:
- Provide all aspects of litigation support from case inception to trial.
- You will be the point person for all internal litigation files and documents.
- Manage and respond to discovery requests.
- Manage complete life-cycle of litigation hold process (i.e. drafting, issuing, collection and monitoring).
- Respond to third-party and other types of document requests or subpoenas.
- Compile, proofread, and revise drafts of legal documents and reports.
- Manage legal invoices and keep track of spend.
- Manage database updates for assigned issues, ensuring content and advocacy resources are current and readily available.
- Monitor developments in the gaming industry and provide timely insights.
- Track legislation and regulations impacting the company.
- Assist in drafting of comments on proposed legislation and regulation.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal focused on litigation and legislative work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team, in a fast-paced environment; must be a self-starter able to work well under pressure.
- Some knowledge and interest in the gaming industry and laws impacting the company.
- Paralegal certificate and coursework not required.
- Experience working in-house is helpful but not required.
- Experience responding to demand letters.
- Must have the ability to multitask and set priorities to meet deadlines.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.