Litigation Counsel (Boston, New York)
What you'll work on
- Manage initial investigation and categorization of claims, and develop and drive strategy for response to litigation and regulatory actions.
- Identify potential litigation and regulatory risk and counsel the business to minimize exposure.
- Supervise and manage outside counsel to ensure that all aspects of Circle’s legal representation are of the highest quality, including overall strategy and the day-to-day running of matters.
- Refine and further develop corporate wide systems, technologies, processes and procedures for the identification and cost-efficient management of litigation and litigation-related risk.
- Coordinate with customer service and compliance teams to develop best practices on issue mitigation and complaint response to prevent litigation or consumer protection complaints before they arise.
What you'll bring to Circle
- 5+ years’ experience at a regulated consumer financial services company, top tier law firm, and/or government agency.
- Significant experience drafting responses to demand letters, responses to subpoenas from government agencies and managing related processes.
- Passion and depth of experience with blockchain technology is preferred; willingness to learn more about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is required.
- Superior communication skills are crucial to this position. You should be comfortable engaging with the management team, external counsel and regulators on topics critical to Circle’s success.
- Must be comfortable providing legal guidance on short timelines and with limited information and then helping to execute on the business decision – even if it involves legal risks.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics. Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Commitment to diversity and a respect for others.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!