Legal Specialist at MassMutual
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team and become an integral member of MassMutual’s Law Department. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing business by providing legal support for MassMutual’s investment platform. This individual will help support an over $40 billion proprietary mutual fund complex, work on other SEC registered products, and interact with outside mutual fund board members as well as internal clients and departments.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of basic and increasingly complex work for SEC registered mutual funds and other products under the general guidance of an attorney.
- Assists attorneys in the preparation of various disclosure documents, such as mutual fund prospectuses, variable annuity prospectuses, Statements of Additional Information, Part Cs, and mutual fund information statement and proxy materials.
- Uses prospectus content management system to manage and update mutual fund and variable annuity prospectus disclosure. Works with financial printer to file electronic filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s EDGAR database.
- Assists attorneys in the preparation of mutual fund board books and supporting fund governance materials. Prepares agendas and materials for client board of trustees meetings
- Becomes proficient at using and maintaining on-line board book and document management system.
- Proofreads and edits mutual fund annual and semi-annual reports
- Interacts with clients and working team members to distribute draft documents for review and to coordinate receipt and reconciliation of client comments on distributions.
- Composes first drafts of memoranda and other communications for clients and attorneys.
- Prepares and maintains compliance calendars for ongoing and anticipated projects, including anticipated regulatory filings and annual board approval items.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing support to SEC registered mutual funds or variable annuity prospectuses including preparation of various disclosure documents
- Strong computer skills, with experience with prospectus content management software strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to think critically and see big picture effects.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities to meet moving and demanding deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and work effectively in a team environment.
- Required to maintain strict confidentiality of client and firm affairs.