Are you interested in working in-house, or gaining experience related to the legal aspects of a business? Rapid7 is a leading provider of IT security analytics solutions. Voted as a “Best Place to Work” by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 is looking for a Legal Specialist to join its seven person Legal team. The position is located at our global headquarters in Boston.
The legal department at Rapid7 is in charge of contract practices (including drafting, negotiation, and management of existing contractual relationships), privacy and data protection, intellectual property, export law, public company reporting and corporate governance, litigation, international legal issues, employment laws, regulatory matters, and compliance. As a Legal Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety legal matters and collaborate with other internal stakeholders such as Finance, Accounting, Sales and IT, with immediate ownership over real, hands-on projects that help us grow.
Rapid7 has a fast-paced work environment and we look for rockstar team members who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. Our ideal candidate is someone who is eager to help, thoughtful about their work, and able to think critically about the best way to accomplish goals. We are looking for someone who is engaged with their work, while productive and efficient. If you are smart, thrive in an energetic environment, and like to have fun, this might be the place for you!
- The primary focus will be to lead our export compliance program and implement related process improvements. Administer policies and procedures to comply with corporate policy and applicable governance, laws and regulations (e.g. Export, FCPA, corporate responsibilities, etc.).
- Assist the Legal department in myriad operations, including corporate governance, acquisitions, international transactions, commercial agreements, intellectual property, and other related business matters.
- Support attorneys on diverse legal issues affecting the business (e.g., HR, Finance, IT, Professional Services, Sales, Marketing).
- Participate as needed in business expansion opportunities, including potential commercial/business development arrangements, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and equity investments.
What We Require:
- Strong academic performance.
- Interested in the transactional aspect of the law (contracts, corporate, IP, employment, immigration).
- In-house and/or law firm experience is highly preferable.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills; demonstrated ability to be effective and decisive under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships, a good listener with an eye for spotting areas of improvement, willingness to propose better ways to operationalize aspects of the department.
- Excellent time and project management skills: the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced business culture while maintaining high standards for completeness of details and accuracy in results.
- High-energy, passionate, and intellectually curious individual who is focused on making a sincere impact and expanding skills to meet the evolving needs of the team.