Core Job Responsibilities
- Dynatrace seeks a legal Counsel to primarily support the North American sales organization.
- You will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, primarily for software licensing and related services, in collaboration with sales, services, finance and other business units; as well as other commercial contracts as needed.
- You will respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, be effective in communicating legal concepts to business people, and provide support to Marketing, Procurement, and other constituents in collaboration with and with support from other members of the legal team.
- You will support the continuous improvement of standard agreements, policies and processes.
- Strong experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including but not limited to software licenses (SaaS and on premises), professional services, reseller and referral agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing, SaaS, revenue recognition, privacy and other legal matters that arise in the connect of commercial transactions.
- Strong commercial sensibilities, and ability to work closely with business people on their terms, and to negotiate some commercial terms as well as legal terms. Strong contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- 8+ years’ overall legal experience. At least 5 years’ experience negotiating commercial contracts, preferably in an in-house role with a software or technology-oriented company.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical advice consistent with Dynatrace business objectives and processes, while ensuring business needs are met.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; comfortable in managing and responding to messages quickly and balancing multiple deals at one time.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Strategic and pragmatic thinking.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must; strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Intellectual Property is a plus.
- J.D. degree required.