Lead Compliance Officer
Toast, Inc. is looking for a seasoned and dynamic, senior-level Lead Compliance Officer. This person will help steer the direction of a multi-faceted compliance program at one of the country’s fastest growing tech companies based in Boston. The Lead Compliance Officer will be responsible for influencing thought leadership and supporting a compliance culture across all levels of a 2,500-employee national company poised for continued explosive growth.
What you will do:
- Assume ownership of compliance management program encompassing multiple lines of business
- Work with senior leadership, leverage previous experience to evolve the scope and structure of Toast's compliance program as the company continues its rapid growth
- Manage a team of dedicated compliance professionals to deliver effective governance structure and second line of defense testing program
- Provide guidance and leadership cross-functionally to empower all lines of business to develop self-monitoring capabilities to reduce regulatory risk
- Maintain a system of accountability for corrective issue tracking and remediation efforts while openly communicating risk issues to senior management
- Serve as ambassador to regulators, auditors, examiners, and strategic partners to inspire confidence for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist compliance team in identifying and acquiring resources necessary to implement a best in class compliance management program
Do you have the right ingredients?
- At least 15 years of direct experience in a senior compliance role at a high-growth software company; fintech experience preferred
- Familiarity with applicable laws, regulations, industry frameworks and systems (IT, payments and financial services)
- Experience leading internal compliance function and comprehensive regulatory examinations
- Relevant certifications and/or advanced degrees relating to subject matter impacting core functions of Toast, Inc.
- Capacity to recognize trends and conduct root cause analysis to arrive at actionable solutions to mitigate risk and improve performance
- Ability to manage and mentor a team and provide clear vision and direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and accepting environment
- High ethical standards and a team-focused, positive attitude