General Counsel at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:16 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The General Counsel will serve as a strategic business partner to key stakeholders by providing clear legal advice and practical business-focused solutions enabling the business to achieve its objectives while preserving and protecting the company's integrity and reputation. This role will also be critical in preparing us to go public. This individual will provide proactive and collaborative legal support in connection with Markforged’s work as well as legal advice to all functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Human Resources.
In this role you will:
- Provide legal advice on a broad set of general corporate matters
- Proactively identify legal risks and work with key stakeholders to effectively eliminate or mitigate those risks while concurrently supporting strategic business goals
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of complex corporate agreements including, but not limited to: licensing, collaboration, research and development, master service, vendor, partnership and other strategic agreements
- Partner with members of leadership to provide ongoing support for strategic licensing and other significant transactions, from the earliest stages in the process, through due diligence and the negotiation of deal terms and transaction documents, to closing the transaction and post-deal integration
- Provide guidance to the Company's Board and CEO on legal issues and risk mitigation strategies concerning the Company's activities and transactions
- Support and advise the Company's Board and CEO on corporate governance matters and prepare corporate governance materials, including Board meeting materials
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization, and assist with the development of policies and training as needed
- Oversee and manage outside counsel
- Build Markforged towards public company readiness
- Partner with Finance and exec team to prepare company for IPO-readiness
- Manage and own all securities filings necessary to go and stay public
- Work with Finance and executive teams to prepare for capital raises and issuances
What we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree, and Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School required
- 7 + Years in a General Counsel or Corporate Counsel role at a public company
- License to practice law in at least one state (Massachusetts required)
- A minimum of 10 + years of broad based legal experience with a regionally or nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department strongly preferred
- Experience providing legal advice in a broad range of transactional contexts, including commercial contracts, corporate governance, M&A and regulatory compliance
- Experience with Labor law preferred
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description