The Predictive Index (PI) is a talent optimization technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study. You’ll be part of a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, motivated people day in and day out. Our company motto is “better work, better world,” and we take that to heart most of all when it comes to our own people.
We are looking for a General Counsel to add value to and be the legal “backbone” of our business. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who likes change and innovation while controlling the big picture. The General Counsel will ensure the company operates within the law, offer strategic counsel on legal issues, facilitate our business strategy and demonstrate that the legal team is a true partner of all stakeholders within the business.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- As Privacy becomes more important in our daily lives, the General Counsel will need to work with our clients, partners and internal team members to ensure we are focusing on the importance of privacy in the design and functionality of our products and services and our Go To Market strategy.
- As we grow our partner network from 130 today to more than 1,000 within the next five years this leader will require forward thinking on channel partner legal matters and also the ability to develop a scalable process to meet the demands of current and new partners
- Large clients always present an interesting challenge as they tend to operate outside of our standard contracts. This Director will need to be someone who is able to understand and appreciate the demands associated with large clients
- Develop a simple and easy to adopt strategy for dealing with vendor contracts
Compliance & General Corporate Matters
- The Talent space continues to evolve creating the need for a legal oriented mind to get ahead of various legal trends and developments in the space we operate in.
- Think through when appropriate to protect IP and make recommendations regarding the long term strategy related to IP
- General corporate matters and various compliance requirements will need to be addressed by the General Counsel.
Leadership & Development
- As the business is about to embark upon significant growth, the General Counsel will be accountable for building and inspiring a legal team which focused on providing thoughtful and timely help to the company and its partners
- Be part of the solution to mitigate risk, not always try to eliminate it.
Should you apply? If you’ve got all the skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- Ability to act as a business partner within the organization and not act just as an attorney
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc)
- Ability to develop legal strategies and objectives that fit into our long term objectives
- An understanding of the difference between working in a legal environment and a corporate environment
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to step outside of the legal role and be part of the greater organization and mission.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- J.D. required
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.