Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is hiring a General Counsel to report directly to our CFO. We are excited to be adding an experienced, enthusiastic, and driven attorney with a sharp legal mind to our Boston office. Because this is our first in-house legal position, responsibilities include (but are not limited to) reviewing contracts of various types, providing advice on regulations, managing external lobbyists and bill proposals, and providing counsel on legal compliance related to advertising and promotions. As the General Counsel at PFF, you will be essential to sustaining our growth as we approach the launch of our first product, gita ®.
- Review and comment on commercial contracts of all types (including purchase, distribution, supply, manufacturing, outsourcing, licensing, marketing, sponsorship, publicity, confidentiality and service agreements).
- Provide day-to-day advice on regulations concerning the design, manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products.
- Manage external lobbyist and bill proposals at state levels.
- Partner with the senior leadership team and board of directors, consulting on legal matters across IP, employment, commercial agreements, regulatory and compliance, corporate governance, etc.
- Counsel on legal compliance related to advertising and promotions in all forms of traditional and emerging media, including email, print, video, point of sale and web marketing campaigns. This will include reviewing marketing copy.
- Provide assistance and support on litigation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new areas and assist on a wide variety of projects.
- 3-5 years of general corporate experience gained at a top law firm or law firm combined with in-house setting.
- Interested and excited to work in-house on a wide range of projects.
- Desire to make a direct improvement in the business and contribute to its growth and success.
- Law degree and top academic credentials, undergraduate math or engineering degree strongly preferred.
- Sound judgment with ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- Experienced in managing outside counsel.
- Skilled negotiator around litigation, commercial agreements, and outside counsel.
- Admitted to practice in or eligible for Massachusetts In-House Counsel registration.
- Passion for manufacturing and consumer products.
- Government regulations and lobbying background.
- Work experience at a startup.
- Engineering, design or other similar education or professional experience.