Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
What you will do:
- You will be advice on an array of domestic and international employment law issues, including: employee relations, performance management, accommodations/leave, classification, recruiting, compensation and benefits and immigration
- Ensure compliance with all employment practices and recruiting practices
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates
- Ensuring pay equity compliance and compliance with both state and federal-related laws
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits (in EEOC), and other employment-related inquiries
- Conduct audits, classification reviews, and support other compliance efforts
- Assist in developing and conducting training and education programs for employees, managers, etc.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in-house at a high-growth company with international operations
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail and thoughtful and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to diversity of ideas, thought, background, etc.